Menomonee Falls — All three pedestrians who were involved in the Thursday, July 3, crash on Appleton Avenue in Menomonee Falls are expected to make a full recovery.
The crash happened a little after 5:30 p.m. when a 19-year-old Milwaukee woman attempted to swerve away from a 20-year-old Sussex man who had darted into traffic. Instead, she hit the man, as well as a 12-year-old Germantown girl and a 15-year-old Menomonee Falls boy.
The accident occurred in the northbound lane of Appleton Avenue a half-hour before when the road was set to be closed for the July 3 parade festitivites, said Assistant Police Chief Mark Waters. Police subsequently shut down the road earlier.
"When things like this happen, it's always terrible," Waters said, "but it could have been a lot more serious ; all three injured parties are expected to make a full recovery."
The crash remained under the investigation as of press deadline, but the driver was not injured and is cooperating with police.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Temporary burn ban lifted for Waukesha County, Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police report: March 26, 2015
- Menomonee Falls family heads up local shoe drive for Dondo Amor
- Proposed bill would allow Germantown school district to start prior to Sept. 1
- Proposed bill would allow Falls school district to start prior to Sept. 1
- Falls school board to review, approve layoff notices
- Menomonee Falls Police report: March 19, 2015
- Falls-based Bradley Corporation recieves nod for wellness efforts
- No one hurt in overnight car fire in Menomonee Falls
- Costco purchases 15 acres to build new Menomonee Falls store