Menomonee Falls — All three pedestrians who were involved in the Thursday, July 3, crash on Appleton Avenue in Menomonee Falls are expected to make a full recovery.
The crash happened a little after 5:30 p.m. when a 19-year-old Milwaukee woman attempted to swerve away from a 20-year-old Sussex man who had darted into traffic. Instead, she hit the man, as well as a 12-year-old Germantown girl and a 15-year-old Menomonee Falls boy.
The accident occurred in the northbound lane of Appleton Avenue a half-hour before when the road was set to be closed for the July 3 parade festitivites, said Assistant Police Chief Mark Waters. Police subsequently shut down the road earlier.
"When things like this happen, it's always terrible," Waters said, "but it could have been a lot more serious ; all three injured parties are expected to make a full recovery."
The crash remained under the investigation as of press deadline, but the driver was not injured and is cooperating with police.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police searching for 2 men for armed robbery at Craigslist sale
- Menomonee Falls Village Board approves sale of Radisson Hotel
- Menomonee Falls High School student named National Merit Scholarship semifinalist
- Menomonee Falls Police report: September 11, 2014
- Kohl's seeks to unload Woodland Prime building
- Trapped: An inside look at the effect of ALS on people, families and the community
- School district taxes remain flat for Menomonee Falls residents
- Menomonee Falls man dies in house fire
- Menomonee Falls Target store evacuated
- Menomonee Falls Police report: September 4, 2014