Menomonee Falls — All three pedestrians who were involved in the Thursday, July 3, crash on Appleton Avenue in Menomonee Falls are expected to make a full recovery.
The crash happened a little after 5:30 p.m. when a 19-year-old Milwaukee woman attempted to swerve away from a 20-year-old Sussex man who had darted into traffic. Instead, she hit the man, as well as a 12-year-old Germantown girl and a 15-year-old Menomonee Falls boy.
The accident occurred in the northbound lane of Appleton Avenue a half-hour before when the road was set to be closed for the July 3 parade festitivites, said Assistant Police Chief Mark Waters. Police subsequently shut down the road earlier.
"When things like this happen, it's always terrible," Waters said, "but it could have been a lot more serious ; all three injured parties are expected to make a full recovery."
The crash remained under the investigation as of press deadline, but the driver was not injured and is cooperating with police.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Video: Students help break ground for Rockfield addition
- Getting to know Dennis Farrell
- Scion Dental awarded the management of 650,000 through Maryland Healthy Smiles program
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: Nov. 26, 2015
- Shady Lane Elementary offers students buddy bench on playground
- Kohl's, Bartolotta team up to service Menomonee Falls corporate campus
- Alto-Shaam granted Patriot Award for support of employee in the National Guard
- Social Haus proposal for Menomonee Falls moves forward with extended indoor, limited outdoor hours (2)
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: Nov. 19, 2015
- Falls Guy, Nov. 19, 2015: It's time to turn the page