Menomonee Falls — All three pedestrians who were involved in the Thursday, July 3, crash on Appleton Avenue in Menomonee Falls are expected to make a full recovery.
The crash happened a little after 5:30 p.m. when a 19-year-old Milwaukee woman attempted to swerve away from a 20-year-old Sussex man who had darted into traffic. Instead, she hit the man, as well as a 12-year-old Germantown girl and a 15-year-old Menomonee Falls boy.
The accident occurred in the northbound lane of Appleton Avenue a half-hour before when the road was set to be closed for the July 3 parade festitivites, said Assistant Police Chief Mark Waters. Police subsequently shut down the road earlier.
"When things like this happen, it's always terrible," Waters said, "but it could have been a lot more serious ; all three injured parties are expected to make a full recovery."
The crash remained under the investigation as of press deadline, but the driver was not injured and is cooperating with police.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls Police report: May 7, 2015
- Wauwatosa celebrating Bike to School Day Wednesday
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: May 7
- Donald Driver surprises Kohl's associates, hosts pep rally for cancer awareness
- CMH nurse honored by Blood Center of Wisconsin for going beyond the call of duty
- Rep. Brandtjen Introduces Foodshare Bill
- Falls Patio Players takes to the stage for weekend two of "Hairspray"
- Family members react to survival of Falls native in Everest avalanche following earthquake in Nepal
- Investigation: Family behind collapsed Falls building has a history of neglecting properties (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Apriil 30