Menomonee Falls — All three pedestrians who were involved in the Thursday, July 3, crash on Appleton Avenue in Menomonee Falls are expected to make a full recovery.
The crash happened a little after 5:30 p.m. when a 19-year-old Milwaukee woman attempted to swerve away from a 20-year-old Sussex man who had darted into traffic. Instead, she hit the man, as well as a 12-year-old Germantown girl and a 15-year-old Menomonee Falls boy.
The accident occurred in the northbound lane of Appleton Avenue a half-hour before when the road was set to be closed for the July 3 parade festitivites, said Assistant Police Chief Mark Waters. Police subsequently shut down the road earlier.
"When things like this happen, it's always terrible," Waters said, "but it could have been a lot more serious ; all three injured parties are expected to make a full recovery."
The crash remained under the investigation as of press deadline, but the driver was not injured and is cooperating with police.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls district doesn't change stance on the use of Common Core in reaction to Walker's off
- Man pleads not guilty to sexually assaulting a Menomonee Falls teenager
- Menomonee Falls Ponzi schemer strikes plea deal
- Ask Now: Too much goose use of Fox Brook Park?
- Kindergarten enrollment night set for Feb. 4
- Two suspects charged with passing fake $100 bills at Menomonee Falls Target
- Menomonee Falls Police report: Jan. 29, 2015
- Menomonee Falls district continues discussion on facilities options
- Two-day Menomonee Falls event to feature chili crawl, ice carving
- CMH accepting scholarship applications from Menomonee Falls-area students