Germantown - Three seats are open in spring on the Germantown School Board and two newcomers will vie for School Board member Diana Kline's seat.
Kline did not file the correct paperwork declaring a re-election run or noncandidacy for seat four by the 5 p.m. deadline Jan. 2, which means filing for that seat had to be extended until 5 p.m. Monday. Germantown residents Jill North and Brian Medved (see separate stories) have filed for her seat and will run against each other in the April 2 election.
Kline could no longer file, according to the Germantown School District.
North is a hand therapist for a private practice hand surgeon at Elmbrook Memorial Hospital. She has two daughters who graduated from Germantown High School and a third daughter who is graduating in spring. Medved, owner and operator of WI Home Solutions LLC, has four children in the Germantown School District. Incumbents Bruce Warnimont and Michael Loth, whose terms expire in April, will run unopposed in spring. Warnimont holds seat two and Loth holds seat six.
Board members serve three-year terms and receive $4,000 annually.
Filing for local government did close last week. Germantown Village Board President Dean Wolter has decided to run for re-election as did District 2 Trustee Shane Daniels. Both will run unopposed.
Trustees and the president serve three-year terms. Trustees receive $5,500 a year and the president receives $8,000 annually.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fall leaf pickup slated to begin mid-October in the Falls
- Chipotle in Menomonee Falls to open next month, employees needed (1)
- Falls Guy, Oct. 8, 2015: Train-ing mission
- Tri-County Y nears first anniversary under Greater Waukesha umbrella
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: Oct. 8, 2015
- Juvenile suspect apprehended by citizen after stealing vodka at Menomonee Falls Piggly Wiggly
- Reminder: responses needed to Falls School District Community Survey today, Oct. 5
- Robin's Nest to host Vera Bradley Ambassador Joan Bradley Reedy
- Menomonee Falls to consider allowing outdoor seating at Tornado Brewery
- Former professional fighter puts burglar in choke hold, keeps him knocked out until police arrive (1)