Menomonee Falls - The Menomonee Falls Village Board approved the purchase of about 33 acres of land in the Woodland Prime office park Monday night to go toward business development.
The village is purchasing the land, located in the Tax Incremental Finance District 10, from HRH Acquisitions for approximately $812,000.
The combined 33 acres are two separate parcels - one 14 acres and the other 19 acres. Village Manager Mark Fitzgerald said there is no word on what business offices will occupy the land.
"We are implementing TIF 10, which is the formal policy of the board for economic development," he said. "This is moving us forward and we're enacting our plan."
Woodland Prime is a 200-plus, master-planned business park located northwest of Good Hope Road and U.S. Highway 41. TIF District 10 was created by the village in late summer 2011.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: June 18
- Menomonee Falls multi-use pedestrian, bike trail moves forward
- Plans for new fire stations in Falls moves forward
- Menomonee Falls thief stocking up on high-end liquor
- Police Report: June 17
- Falls' Ryne Kickbush overcomes serious illness, works hard to graduate
- Falls stakeholders discuss ideas to maintain music programs
- Parents, school leaders dissect Falls music program
- Germantown, Falls districts dealing with more families having tough time making ends meet
- News & Notes: June 11