Menomonee Falls - The Menomonee Falls Village Board approved the purchase of about 33 acres of land in the Woodland Prime office park Monday night to go toward business development.
The village is purchasing the land, located in the Tax Incremental Finance District 10, from HRH Acquisitions for approximately $812,000.
The combined 33 acres are two separate parcels - one 14 acres and the other 19 acres. Village Manager Mark Fitzgerald said there is no word on what business offices will occupy the land.
"We are implementing TIF 10, which is the formal policy of the board for economic development," he said. "This is moving us forward and we're enacting our plan."
Woodland Prime is a 200-plus, master-planned business park located northwest of Good Hope Road and U.S. Highway 41. TIF District 10 was created by the village in late summer 2011.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- What residents in Southeast Wisconsin need to know to prevent the spread of Zika virus
- New Director of Business Services for the School District of Menomonee Falls settling into new role
- School District of Menomonee Falls faces $1.1 million budget deficit in 2016-17
- Man guilty of sexually assaulting Menomonee Falls teenager forced into relationship with him
- Things To Do: Feb. 11, 2016
- Patio Players bring out the laughs in female 'Odd Couple'
- UPDATE: Nine crashes, 25 damaged vehicles reported in Feb. 9 crash on Highway 41 in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, Feb. 11, 2016
- School District of Menomonee Falls could lose administrative staff member Gary Kiltz to Greendale
- The Falls Guy, Feb. 11, 2016: Not quite Super