The Washington County Fair fireworks show that was slated to go off at dusk Tuesday was canceled due to drought conditions.
"With the existing drought conditions and an unlikely chance of rain, we just don't want to take any chances to start the fair off with catastrophe," said Fair Manager Sandy Lang.
The fair continues until Sunday. Events includes the crowning of the Fairest of the Fair, Battle of the Bands and BOTS IQ. REO Speedwagon headlines the event with a performance at 7 p.m. Thursday.
For a complete schedule of events, visit wcfairpark.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Stakeholders host public information meeting to discuss future of Germantown golf course land
- Falls police investigating armed bank robbery
- Overnight fire damages Menomonee Falls home
- Village adds acre to sewer service area
- Menomonee Falls Parkway, Megal Drive water main among notable 2013 projects
- Menomonee Falls manufacturer Ultra Tool plans expansion
- Kohl's to return $2M grant from Falls
- Germantown police investigating slew of overnight vehicle break-ins
- Police Report: Dec. 2
- Falls plans future of Woodland Prime after Kohl's backs out of development (3)