Menomonee Falls — A fatal rollover crash during rush hour left a 25-year-old Wauwatosa man dead and hundreds of commuters late for work Thursday, July 10. But initial impatience aside, that was all right with them.
"It looked pretty brutal," said Janice Finke, who drove by the scene where the man was killed in a single-vehicle crash on southbound Highway 41 in Menomonee Falls. The accident doubled the length of Finke's trip from West Bend to Waukesha, but she said she didn't mind because all she could think about was the family of the man.
Two southbound lanes of the highway were closed for several hours during an investigation of the crash. Well after traffic resumed under regular conditions by about 10 a.m., a curled-up guard rail the man hit reminded drivers of what had occurred earlier that day.
"It's one of those situations where you subconsciously do a mental checklist of your loved ones and say a prayer for the family of whoever was involved," she said.
Following the accident, the man was transported to a hospital where he later died from his injuries. He was the only occupant in the vehicle.
His identity has not yet been disclosed, and the crash remains under investigation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Old Falls Village Days set for weekend of May 30-31
- Bank of Memories and Flowers owner Melissa Maas wins award from Floral Association
- Menomonee Falls Police report: May 21, 2015
- Menomonee Falls WWII veteran Lester Tews looks forward to Honor Flight
- First Bank Financial Centre of Menomonee Falls gives back to community
- Permit pulled, plans progress for demolition, reconstruction of North Hills Plaza
- Road construction season affects more than Pilgrim Road in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police report: May 14, 2015
- Brandtjen's May listening session to be held in the Falls on May 17
- Pilgrim Road Bridge demolition to happen in next few days, freeway to close