Menomonee Falls — A fatal rollover crash during rush hour left a 25-year-old Wauwatosa man dead and hundreds of commuters late for work Thursday, July 10. But initial impatience aside, that was all right with them.
"It looked pretty brutal," said Janice Finke, who drove by the scene where the man was killed in a single-vehicle crash on southbound Highway 41 in Menomonee Falls. The accident doubled the length of Finke's trip from West Bend to Waukesha, but she said she didn't mind because all she could think about was the family of the man.
Two southbound lanes of the highway were closed for several hours during an investigation of the crash. Well after traffic resumed under regular conditions by about 10 a.m., a curled-up guard rail the man hit reminded drivers of what had occurred earlier that day.
"It's one of those situations where you subconsciously do a mental checklist of your loved ones and say a prayer for the family of whoever was involved," she said.
Following the accident, the man was transported to a hospital where he later died from his injuries. He was the only occupant in the vehicle.
His identity has not yet been disclosed, and the crash remains under investigation.
- North Middle School students take time to honor heroes
- Community receives $30,000 in grants from Greater Menomonee Falls Foundation
- Lannon student plans to 'Stick it to Cancer'
- Yo Cool Frozen Yogurt in Menomonee Falls to donate proceeds to fight addiction
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: June 2, 2016
- The Falls Guy, June 2, 2016: Kohl's will accept this kind of Payne
- Farmers markets springing to life in Sussex, Butler, Menomonee Falls
- Old Falls Village Days set for June 4-5
- Street festival to mark Memorial Day in Menomonee Falls (1)
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: May 26, 2016