Menomonee Falls — A fatal rollover crash during rush hour left a 25-year-old Wauwatosa man dead and hundreds of commuters late for work Thursday, July 10. But initial impatience aside, that was all right with them.
"It looked pretty brutal," said Janice Finke, who drove by the scene where the man was killed in a single-vehicle crash on southbound Highway 41 in Menomonee Falls. The accident doubled the length of Finke's trip from West Bend to Waukesha, but she said she didn't mind because all she could think about was the family of the man.
Two southbound lanes of the highway were closed for several hours during an investigation of the crash. Well after traffic resumed under regular conditions by about 10 a.m., a curled-up guard rail the man hit reminded drivers of what had occurred earlier that day.
"It's one of those situations where you subconsciously do a mental checklist of your loved ones and say a prayer for the family of whoever was involved," she said.
Following the accident, the man was transported to a hospital where he later died from his injuries. He was the only occupant in the vehicle.
His identity has not yet been disclosed, and the crash remains under investigation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Hills Plaza: Five months later
- School District of Menomonee Falls happy with ACT results
- Falls on the Riverwalk seeks to replace former Associated Bank building with apartments (8)
- Menomonee Falls School District names new communications director
- Chicago duo face nine counts of credit card fraud after CVS purchases
- News & Notes: Aug. 27, 2015
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: Aug. 27, 2015
- Former professional fighter takes Menomonee Falls-based business to next level
- Menomonee Falls world language department uses application, receives regional attention
- Menomonee Falls, Germantown among best places to live