Menomonee Falls — A fatal rollover crash during rush hour left a 25-year-old Wauwatosa man dead and hundreds of commuters late for work Thursday, July 10. But initial impatience aside, that was all right with them.
"It looked pretty brutal," said Janice Finke, who drove by the scene where the man was killed in a single-vehicle crash on southbound Highway 41 in Menomonee Falls. The accident doubled the length of Finke's trip from West Bend to Waukesha, but she said she didn't mind because all she could think about was the family of the man.
Two southbound lanes of the highway were closed for several hours during an investigation of the crash. Well after traffic resumed under regular conditions by about 10 a.m., a curled-up guard rail the man hit reminded drivers of what had occurred earlier that day.
"It's one of those situations where you subconsciously do a mental checklist of your loved ones and say a prayer for the family of whoever was involved," she said.
Following the accident, the man was transported to a hospital where he later died from his injuries. He was the only occupant in the vehicle.
His identity has not yet been disclosed, and the crash remains under investigation.
- Corey Golla to replace Gary Kiltz as Curriculum and Learning Director in Menomonee Falls schools
- Menomonee Falls Police Report, May 5, 2016
- The Falls Guy, May 5, 2016: Cruisin' down memory lane (1)
- Cozzini Bros. to move into Falls Commerce Center
- Getting to know Menomonee Falls Little League President Donald Patten
- Work on Pilgrim Road to begin in Menomonee Falls, will be temporary
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, April 28, 2016
- My Fair Lady takes to the stage in Falls Patio Players production
- Menomonee Falls' A Better Me wellness spa takes unique approach to relaxation
- The Falls Guy, April 21, 2016: Their field of dreams is ready to open