A 40-year-old Menomonee Falls woman could face charges after she shoplifted kitchen items from area stores and sold them to pawn shops on March 3.
According to the Menomonee Falls police report:
The woman was arrested March 3 after she was seen stealing a coffeemaker, a kitchenware set and a mixer at Target, N95-W17707 Shady Lane, and then drove off in a 2001 tan Acura.
Police identified her through her license plate number and took her into custody for shoplifting a short time later.
During the investigation it was discovered that she had stolen a mixer, a food processor and a space heater from the same Target store Jan. 21.
After further questioning, police also found she was responsible for stealing other similar household and cooking items at Target and Walmart stores in Germantown and Saukville on Feb. 21, 24 and 28. These shoplifting incidents apparently had gone undetected.
She admitted to officers — after police confronted her with evidence gathered through the Northeastern Wisconsin Property Reporting System, an internet database used by police to electronically manage and store purchases from pawnshops, resale shops and salvage yards — that she stole the items and sold them to several pawn shops
Police contacted the pawn shops and recovered most of the items.
The case was forwarded to the district attorney's office for possible charges.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Kia dealership, Ford service center could be developed near Woodman's in Menomonee Falls
- Fast Signs of Menomonee Falls receives national attention
- Plans proceed for former Falls Starbucks in Rivercrest Center
- Water Council gathers at Bradley Corporation in Menomonee Falls
- Landscape company in Menomonee Falls to increase staff by 40 percent
- Menomonee Falls Saddle Club celebrates 50th anniversary
- Falls Plan Commission to review new commercial development plans near Woodman's
- In Our Schools: March 5
- Menomonee Falls Police report: March 5, 2015
- Menomonee Falls remodeling company receives high honors at state awards