A 40-year-old Menomonee Falls woman could face charges after she shoplifted kitchen items from area stores and sold them to pawn shops on March 3.
According to the Menomonee Falls police report:
The woman was arrested March 3 after she was seen stealing a coffeemaker, a kitchenware set and a mixer at Target, N95-W17707 Shady Lane, and then drove off in a 2001 tan Acura.
Police identified her through her license plate number and took her into custody for shoplifting a short time later.
During the investigation it was discovered that she had stolen a mixer, a food processor and a space heater from the same Target store Jan. 21.
After further questioning, police also found she was responsible for stealing other similar household and cooking items at Target and Walmart stores in Germantown and Saukville on Feb. 21, 24 and 28. These shoplifting incidents apparently had gone undetected.
She admitted to officers — after police confronted her with evidence gathered through the Northeastern Wisconsin Property Reporting System, an internet database used by police to electronically manage and store purchases from pawnshops, resale shops and salvage yards — that she stole the items and sold them to several pawn shops
Police contacted the pawn shops and recovered most of the items.
The case was forwarded to the district attorney's office for possible charges.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Old Falls Village Days set for weekend of May 30-31
- Bank of Memories and Flowers owner Melissa Maas wins award from Floral Association
- Menomonee Falls Police report: May 21, 2015
- Menomonee Falls WWII veteran Lester Tews looks forward to Honor Flight
- First Bank Financial Centre of Menomonee Falls gives back to community
- Permit pulled, plans progress for demolition, reconstruction of North Hills Plaza
- Road construction season affects more than Pilgrim Road in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police report: May 14, 2015
- Brandtjen's May listening session to be held in the Falls on May 17
- Pilgrim Road Bridge demolition to happen in next few days, freeway to close