When Menomonee Falls boys basketball coach Ben Siebert resigned last week, many assumed Indians standout junior J.P. Tokoto was somehow involved.
Falls athletic director Dave Petroff said Tuesday that wasn't the case.
"Whether J.P. was going to stay or not stay was not a factor in this decision," Petroff said. "As far as I'm aware, Ben's decision to resign has no connection to J.P."
Tokoto, a University of North Carolina recruit, was a first-team all-state selection this season. But March 3 - the night Tokoto orally committed to the Tar Heels - he said he would "explore all opportunities" for his senior season.
There was friction between Siebert and many of his players during a frustrating 2010-'11 season in which the Indians went 11-12.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Football: Hamilton workhorse closes career in style
- Sloppy Germantown boys basketball team roars past game Falls, 83-47
- High-speed Germantown girls overpower Falls, 73-54, in border clash
- Sloppy Germantown boys basketball team beats Falls for 60th straight
- Sports Wraps: Dec. 7
- Germantown girls basketball team overpowers Falls, 73-54
- Talented Menomonee Falls wrestling team wants more this season
- Young Falls girls hoops team optimistic this season
- Blue Knights show balance as basketball season takes off
- Healthy Almonte enjoyed banner season for Falls football team