Daniel McKee, a senior for the Hamilton Chargers varsity boys cross country team, will be at this year's WIAA Division 1 meet Saturday in Wisconsin Rapids.
McKee qualified for state by finishing in ninth place individually at the WIAA Division 1 Sectional at Tendick Park in Saukville last Saturday. McKee's time was 16:46.26. Russ Sandvold of Arrowhead was the champion at 15:46.86. Top two teams qualify from each sectional for state, and top five finishers not already on qualifying teams also make the trek. Arrowhead placed five runners in the top seven.
Matthew Snell was 12th overall with a time of 16:48.74, and Robert Holzem ended up in 22nd place for the Chargers with a time of 17:21.68.
Joshua Desorcy, a freshman, was 35th for Hamilton at 17:52.30. Kevin Schroeder and Zachary Lastrilla ended up 42nd and 45th, respectively.
Paulson just off pace
The Hamilton girls cross country team was led by Ashlyn Paulson. She missed qualifying for state by less than 14 seconds with a time of 15:45.15. Mackenzie Bauer of Cedarburg was the final individual in the girls meet to make the state cut at 15:31.22.
Jackie Dubnicka of Arrowhead was the champion with a time of 14:40.10, and the Arrowhead girls won the team title, as well.
Katlyn Pollari was 20th overall for the Chargers at 16:07, and Shannon Downs finished 24th at 16:18. Hannah Jeffers was right behind Downs in 25th place at 16:23.63.
Molly Lucas raced 34th at 16:48.02.
Rachel Weiss and Emerson Vesely also competed for the Chargers, running 48th and 49th, respectively.
Sussex Hamilton's varsity girls volleyball team fell Thursday in the opening round of the WIAA Division 1 volleyball tournament to host Homestead, 25-12, 25-10, 25-16. The Chargers finished the year 5-11.
Maddie Hammann finished with four kills and 16 digs, and Hannah Jasinski had three blocks. Abby Pursuerst delivered three aces.
HHS finished in eighth place last weekend in the Greater Metro Conference tournament.
The Chargers lost against West Allis Central, 25-17, 15-25, 15-25, 25-15, 9-15.
Dani Fotsch had 12 assists against the Bulldogs. Hammann had 15 kills, and Rachel Merkel had 10 digs.
Against Wauwatosa East, the Chargers were beaten 21-25, 21-25, 25-22, 25-21, 12-15.
Morgan Gilbert had 17 assists. Fotsch had five aces. Hammann had nine kills. Jasinski had seven blocks and Lisa Walsh finished with nine digs.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Homestead bats too much for Menomonee Falls baseball team in 10-8 sectional loss
- Menomonee Falls baseball team beats Port and Grafton to claim regional title
- Menomonee Falls baseball team advances with 2-0 shutout of Port
- Falls baseball team closes season on high note, takes third in GMC
- Menomonee Falls baseball team beats BC in GMC third place game
- Falls baseball team advances on RBI single by Johnson in seventh
- Menomonee Falls baseball team plays spoiler in GMC by beating Brookfield Central
- Falls complicates GMC race with 5-2 win over Brookfield Central
- Tosa West wins 3 of 4 games on the diamond
- Up and down Menomonee Falls baseball team opportunistic in win over Oak Creek