Daniel McKee, a senior for the Hamilton Chargers varsity boys cross country team, will be at this year's WIAA Division 1 meet Saturday in Wisconsin Rapids.
McKee qualified for state by finishing in ninth place individually at the WIAA Division 1 Sectional at Tendick Park in Saukville last Saturday. McKee's time was 16:46.26. Russ Sandvold of Arrowhead was the champion at 15:46.86. Top two teams qualify from each sectional for state, and top five finishers not already on qualifying teams also make the trek. Arrowhead placed five runners in the top seven.
Matthew Snell was 12th overall with a time of 16:48.74, and Robert Holzem ended up in 22nd place for the Chargers with a time of 17:21.68.
Joshua Desorcy, a freshman, was 35th for Hamilton at 17:52.30. Kevin Schroeder and Zachary Lastrilla ended up 42nd and 45th, respectively.
Paulson just off pace
The Hamilton girls cross country team was led by Ashlyn Paulson. She missed qualifying for state by less than 14 seconds with a time of 15:45.15. Mackenzie Bauer of Cedarburg was the final individual in the girls meet to make the state cut at 15:31.22.
Jackie Dubnicka of Arrowhead was the champion with a time of 14:40.10, and the Arrowhead girls won the team title, as well.
Katlyn Pollari was 20th overall for the Chargers at 16:07, and Shannon Downs finished 24th at 16:18. Hannah Jeffers was right behind Downs in 25th place at 16:23.63.
Molly Lucas raced 34th at 16:48.02.
Rachel Weiss and Emerson Vesely also competed for the Chargers, running 48th and 49th, respectively.
Sussex Hamilton's varsity girls volleyball team fell Thursday in the opening round of the WIAA Division 1 volleyball tournament to host Homestead, 25-12, 25-10, 25-16. The Chargers finished the year 5-11.
Maddie Hammann finished with four kills and 16 digs, and Hannah Jasinski had three blocks. Abby Pursuerst delivered three aces.
HHS finished in eighth place last weekend in the Greater Metro Conference tournament.
The Chargers lost against West Allis Central, 25-17, 15-25, 15-25, 25-15, 9-15.
Dani Fotsch had 12 assists against the Bulldogs. Hammann had 15 kills, and Rachel Merkel had 10 digs.
Against Wauwatosa East, the Chargers were beaten 21-25, 21-25, 25-22, 25-21, 12-15.
Morgan Gilbert had 17 assists. Fotsch had five aces. Hammann had nine kills. Jasinski had seven blocks and Lisa Walsh finished with nine digs.
- STATE CHAMPS! Menomonee Falls baseball team defends crown
- Roble pitches Menomonee Falls baseball team into state final, 6-0
- Live coverage: 2016 WIAA State Summer Baseball Tournament
- GMC set to dominate state summer baseball tournament
- 'Two more wins': Menomonee Falls baseball team heads back to state
- Menomonee Falls baseball team heads back to state with upset of West
- Menomonee Falls baseball team to have Weber for tourney run
- Brookfield East relay runner Bullen should be considered best track athlete in the state
- Tosa East upsets Menomonee Falls, 6-4, in Greater Metro baseball tourney
- Menomonee Falls baseball team finishes regular season on good note