Three members of the Menomonee Falls girls cross country coaching staff were placed on administrative leave pending further fact finding of an allegation that they were consuming alcohol during the Meet of Future Champions event that Falls hosted at Rotary Park on Oct. 18.
According to District Public Relations Officer Mitchell Maersch, there will be a special closed session committee meeting held on Thursday morning where the issue will be discussed further. The committee will likely make a recommendation to the school board about any further disciplinary action for the trio.
“We treat reports of misconduct seriously, and we are doing a thorough investigation,” said Falls Superintendent Patricia Greco in a release. “Any behavior of this nature would not be in line with our code of conduct for students or adults.”
According to reports, the trio, who were only identified as three adults working the event on Oct. 18 according to a district report, were asked to step aside last week following news of the alleged events surfacing.
MenomoneeFallsNOW has learned that the trio were indeed coaches with the Falls girls cross country program though Maersch would not independently confirm that fact.
Subsequently, Menomonee Falls boys cross country coach Tom Shannon was asked to escort the Indians WIAA state girls cross country meet qualifier Megan Paule up to the event in Wisconsin Rapids on Oct. 27.
In a release, Maersch said that no further information would be released pending the results of the investigation.
- Menomonee Falls claims baseball title as team
- Putting in the effort: Menomonee Falls baseball team wins second state title
- Roble pitches Menomonee Falls baseball team into state title game
- Baseball: Behind marvelous day by Ty Weber, Menomonee Falls baseball repeats as state champion
- Roble pitches Menomonee Falls baseball team into state final, 6-0
- Live coverage: 2016 WIAA State Summer Baseball Tournament
- GMC set to dominate state summer baseball tournament
- 'Two more wins': Menomonee Falls baseball team heads back to state
- Menomonee Falls baseball team heads back to state with upset of West
- Menomonee Falls baseball team to have Weber for tourney run