Three members of the Menomonee Falls girls cross country coaching staff were placed on administrative leave pending further fact finding of an allegation that they were consuming alcohol during the Meet of Future Champions event that Falls hosted at Rotary Park on Oct. 18.
According to District Public Relations Officer Mitchell Maersch, there will be a special closed session committee meeting held on Thursday morning where the issue will be discussed further. The committee will likely make a recommendation to the school board about any further disciplinary action for the trio.
“We treat reports of misconduct seriously, and we are doing a thorough investigation,” said Falls Superintendent Patricia Greco in a release. “Any behavior of this nature would not be in line with our code of conduct for students or adults.”
According to reports, the trio, who were only identified as three adults working the event on Oct. 18 according to a district report, were asked to step aside last week following news of the alleged events surfacing.
MenomoneeFallsNOW has learned that the trio were indeed coaches with the Falls girls cross country program though Maersch would not independently confirm that fact.
Subsequently, Menomonee Falls boys cross country coach Tom Shannon was asked to escort the Indians WIAA state girls cross country meet qualifier Megan Paule up to the event in Wisconsin Rapids on Oct. 27.
In a release, Maersch said that no further information would be released pending the results of the investigation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls boys soccer team makes first state trip
- Menomonee Falls soccer legends look back, forward
- Menomonee Falls boys soccer team earns first state tourney berth
- Football: Menomonee Falls stunned by Milwaukee King
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Level 1
- Falls soccer team advances to WIAA sectional final with 2-0 win
- Football: Poll: Which area team will win a state football title?
- Falls boys soccer team just two steps away from state tourney
- Gritty Falls effort versus Marquette comes up short
- Marquette ends Menomonee Falls' dream of GMC football title