All Germantown boys basketball all the time. The thought of two state titles in a row for this program 20 years would have been the cause of laughter across the state not to mention in the village itself. I'm glad I didn't bet my IRA against that little probability 20 years ago.
Jake Showalter's record-tying number of 3-pointers in the Warhawks state semifinal win over Oshkosh North on Friday.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
TEAM OF THE WEEK
National rankings, state player of the year, 56 wins in a row, and a second state title in a row. I guess there was no jinx for the Warhawks when graduated all-stater Zak Showalter was put front and center on the cover of the WIAA 2011-12 State Yearbook this past fall.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Central wrestlers take control of GMC race with 29-27 win over Falls
- Falls boys even record by getting defensive against Franklin
- Boys basketball: Tosa East stays undefeated, downs Falls
- Menomonee Falls boys get defensive in beating Franklin, 48-30
- Sport Shorts: Dec. 11, 2014
- 2014 NOW All-Suburban Football: Tyler Simcock's energy brought life to Menomonee Falls' defense
- Fall a time of reflection and athletic success for Menomonee Falls and Germantown
- Menomonee Falls wrestling team building on a record of success
- Falls boys basketball team learns much in 1-2 start
- Sheboygan South spoils Menomonee Falls boys opener, 47-38