All Germantown boys basketball all the time. The thought of two state titles in a row for this program 20 years would have been the cause of laughter across the state not to mention in the village itself. I'm glad I didn't bet my IRA against that little probability 20 years ago.
Jake Showalter's record-tying number of 3-pointers in the Warhawks state semifinal win over Oshkosh North on Friday.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
TEAM OF THE WEEK
National rankings, state player of the year, 56 wins in a row, and a second state title in a row. I guess there was no jinx for the Warhawks when graduated all-stater Zak Showalter was put front and center on the cover of the WIAA 2011-12 State Yearbook this past fall.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls' Jones blanks Germantown, 2-0, in softball thriller
- Young Menomonee Falls girls soccer team looking for good things
- Menomonee Falls softball team off to red-hot start
- Girls basketball: Klug seeks to bring Chargers to new heights
- New Falls' girls track coach Luedke optimistic for future
- Falls dodgeball tourney slated for Saturday at the high school
- Eisenhower girls basketball team celebrates excellent record
- West Allis Central slates state pep rally for March 19 at field house
- Lutz to take over as Menomonee Falls football coach
- Menomonee Falls' boys season ends with tough loss to Arrowhead (1)