All Germantown boys basketball all the time. The thought of two state titles in a row for this program 20 years would have been the cause of laughter across the state not to mention in the village itself. I'm glad I didn't bet my IRA against that little probability 20 years ago.
Jake Showalter's record-tying number of 3-pointers in the Warhawks state semifinal win over Oshkosh North on Friday.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
TEAM OF THE WEEK
National rankings, state player of the year, 56 wins in a row, and a second state title in a row. I guess there was no jinx for the Warhawks when graduated all-stater Zak Showalter was put front and center on the cover of the WIAA 2011-12 State Yearbook this past fall.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Falls boys rally for first win over Hamilton in three years, 35-29
- Senior night a success on all levels for Menomonee Falls wrestlers
- Senior night a grand success for Menomonee Falls wrestling
- Baker steps down as Menomonee Falls football coach
- Busy Menomonee Falls wrestling team tries to sort out lineup
- Falls girls, boys beat West Bend West in nonconference tilts
- Thousands remember, pay homage to Germantown great Datka
- Memorial luncheon added to Datka funeral schedule
- Datka visitation Sunday at the high school, funeral Monday
- Legendary Germantown football coach Phil Datka passes away