Menomonee Falls High School has an accepted offer by Ben Farley to lead the Boys’ Basketball program according to a press release from the district Tuesday afternoon.
Farley, the Brookfield East top assistant, has coached 10 years at his alma mater. Coach Farley brings a wealth of basketball knowledge to Menomonee Falls.
“I’m extremely grateful and feel truly blessed for the opportunity to lead the
basketball program at Menomonee Falls High School," said Farley. "Our student-athletes will exemplify our three principles, Tough, strong, together. We will take pride ourselves and work everyday in building our identity of being the hardest-working team in the reater Metro Conference."
“The selection committee and I are ecstatic to add Coach Farley to our coaching
staff at MFHS. He has made a name for himself at Brookfield East as a defensive
guru in basketball,” said Athletic and Activities Director Ryan Anderson. “Farley
is a coach who stood out among the 42 applicants. He is a gym rat who will
teach basketball skills, hard work, and determination to each young man in our
program. This hire is big to help move our program toward success in and out of
Farley is ready and chomping at the bit to get started. He is replacing Dan Leffel who recently stepped down after two years on the job.
“I ask for all our stakeholders to support our student-athletes and our basketball
program," said Farley. "Let’s make every Tuesday and Friday night special, pack the gym for all our home games and make Menomonee Falls a very special place to play. The weather is just starting to get nice, but I can’t wait for winter to get here.” he said.
Farley has the freedom to hire all three of his assistant coaches. Interested
applicants are to apply on WECAN or contact Anderson for more information. The deadline to apply is May 13.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 31
- Behind Weber, young Falls team found its way to 22-11
- Homestead bats too much for Menomonee Falls baseball team in 10-8 sectional loss
- Menomonee Falls baseball team beats Port and Grafton to claim regional title
- Menomonee Falls baseball team advances with 2-0 shutout of Port
- Falls baseball team closes season on high note, takes third in GMC
- Menomonee Falls baseball team beats BC in GMC third place game
- Falls baseball team advances on RBI single by Johnson in seventh
- Menomonee Falls baseball team plays spoiler in GMC by beating Brookfield Central
- Falls complicates GMC race with 5-2 win over Brookfield Central