Junior midfielder Anna Smalley of the Greater Metro Conference champion Menomonee Falls girls' soccer team was just announced as a member of the Wisconsin Soccer Coaches' Association (WSCA) All-State "First 11".
The first-team selection for Smalley is another feather in the cap for arguably the best season in the history of the Falls' girls' program, which was ranked as high as third in state polls this season and made sectional semifinals before losing to fourth-ranked in state area rival Germantown, 1-0.
Germantown junior forward Maddie Tetzke earned "Best of the Rest" on the all-state team.
Division I state champion Cedarburg put two players on the first team and Catholic Memorial freshman forward Emily Cervantes, who led the Crusaders to still another state D2 crown, was named player of the year.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Falls baseball team routs Franklin for state championship
- Hansen, Menomonee Falls baseball team get weight lifted with title
- Tokoto makes stop at Falls Fest after NBA draft
- Manchester was a giant in world of Menomonee Falls athletics
- Six-run fourth lifts Menomonee Falls to semifinal win over Pewaukee
- Battle-tested Menomonee Falls confident heading into state tourney
- Baseball: Nothing fazes Falls as Indians head to state for first time since 2008
- Menomonee Falls baseball team turns to Gile again, survives regional test
- Baseball: Gile rescues Falls again in 4-3 regional win over Whitefish Bay
- Confident Menomonee Falls baseball team wins GMC tourney title