Junior midfielder Anna Smalley of the Greater Metro Conference champion Menomonee Falls girls' soccer team was just announced as a member of the Wisconsin Soccer Coaches' Association (WSCA) All-State "First 11".
The first-team selection for Smalley is another feather in the cap for arguably the best season in the history of the Falls' girls' program, which was ranked as high as third in state polls this season and made sectional semifinals before losing to fourth-ranked in state area rival Germantown, 1-0.
Germantown junior forward Maddie Tetzke earned "Best of the Rest" on the all-state team.
Division I state champion Cedarburg put two players on the first team and Catholic Memorial freshman forward Emily Cervantes, who led the Crusaders to still another state D2 crown, was named player of the year.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls girls basketball team getting more experience every day
- Menomonee Falls/Hamilton swimmers go fast but not fast enough for state
- Injuries slow Menomonee Falls football team in 3-6 season (3)
- Former Menomonee Falls player Tony Patterson makes Milwaukee Wave soccer roster
- Young Menomonee Falls girls swimming team takes strong third in GMC test
- Sport Shorts: Nov. 5, 2015
- Menomonee Falls' Wunschel passes big test, advances to state cross-country meet
- SPORTS SHORTS: Oct. 29
- Boys soccer: Germantown ousts returning state finalist Menomonee Falls
- SPORTS SHORTS: OCT. 22