Junior midfielder Anna Smalley of the Greater Metro Conference champion Menomonee Falls girls' soccer team was just announced as a member of the Wisconsin Soccer Coaches' Association (WSCA) All-State "First 11".
The first-team selection for Smalley is another feather in the cap for arguably the best season in the history of the Falls' girls' program, which was ranked as high as third in state polls this season and made sectional semifinals before losing to fourth-ranked in state area rival Germantown, 1-0.
Germantown junior forward Maddie Tetzke earned "Best of the Rest" on the all-state team.
Division I state champion Cedarburg put two players on the first team and Catholic Memorial freshman forward Emily Cervantes, who led the Crusaders to still another state D2 crown, was named player of the year.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Girls basketball: Germantown girls cruise past rival Falls
- Falls' Optimists give $25,000 to CIC for HS facilities renovation project
- Menomonee Falls' wrestlers Crangle and Daly medal at state
- Boys basketball: Kettle Moraine adds to school-record win total
- Daly, Crangle, Higginbotham make semis in WIAA state wrestling
- Menomonee Falls wrestlers shatter records with seven state qualifiers
- Seiler takes two WIAA state seconds for Menomonee Falls swim co-op
- Falls wrestlers earn second straight team state tourney berth
- Falls wrestlers earn repeat berth to team state, hammer Tosa, 66-8
- SPORTS SHORTS