Junior midfielder Anna Smalley of the Greater Metro Conference champion Menomonee Falls girls' soccer team was just announced as a member of the Wisconsin Soccer Coaches' Association (WSCA) All-State "First 11".
The first-team selection for Smalley is another feather in the cap for arguably the best season in the history of the Falls' girls' program, which was ranked as high as third in state polls this season and made sectional semifinals before losing to fourth-ranked in state area rival Germantown, 1-0.
Germantown junior forward Maddie Tetzke earned "Best of the Rest" on the all-state team.
Division I state champion Cedarburg put two players on the first team and Catholic Memorial freshman forward Emily Cervantes, who led the Crusaders to still another state D2 crown, was named player of the year.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls' team effort nets GMC wrestling title
- Five Germantown, Menomonee Falls area soccer players sign letters of intent
- Sports Shorts: Feb. 11, 2016
- Menomonee Falls wrestling team storms to Greater Metro tourney title
- SPORTS SHORTS: Feb. 4
- Menomonee Falls wrestlers win rivalry match with Hamilton
- Menomonee Falls wrestling team beats rival Hamilton, 44-24
- Falls co-op swimmers starting to peak, win own invite
- SPORTS SHORTS: Jan. 28
- Menomonee Falls wrestlers second in 19-team Homestead meet