Junior midfielder Anna Smalley of the Greater Metro Conference champion Menomonee Falls girls' soccer team was just announced as a member of the Wisconsin Soccer Coaches' Association (WSCA) All-State "First 11".
The first-team selection for Smalley is another feather in the cap for arguably the best season in the history of the Falls' girls' program, which was ranked as high as third in state polls this season and made sectional semifinals before losing to fourth-ranked in state area rival Germantown, 1-0.
Germantown junior forward Maddie Tetzke earned "Best of the Rest" on the all-state team.
Division I state champion Cedarburg put two players on the first team and Catholic Memorial freshman forward Emily Cervantes, who led the Crusaders to still another state D2 crown, was named player of the year.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Lutz named new Menomonee Falls football coach
- Girls basketball: Germantown girls basketball team in regional final after 56-46 win
- Menomonee Falls wrestlers advance five to state off home mats
- Menomonee Falls wrestlers advance 10 to WIAA sectional event
- Holz wins fourth GMC wrestling title over state champ
- Menomonee Falls' Eastman, Lehnen to go NCAA D1 in soccer
- Falls boys rally for pivotal win over Hamilton
- Falls boys rally for first win over Hamilton in three years, 35-29
- Senior night a success on all levels for Menomonee Falls wrestlers
- Senior night a grand success for Menomonee Falls wrestling