Junior midfielder Anna Smalley of the Greater Metro Conference champion Menomonee Falls girls' soccer team was just announced as a member of the Wisconsin Soccer Coaches' Association (WSCA) All-State "First 11".
The first-team selection for Smalley is another feather in the cap for arguably the best season in the history of the Falls' girls' program, which was ranked as high as third in state polls this season and made sectional semifinals before losing to fourth-ranked in state area rival Germantown, 1-0.
Germantown junior forward Maddie Tetzke earned "Best of the Rest" on the all-state team.
Division I state champion Cedarburg put two players on the first team and Catholic Memorial freshman forward Emily Cervantes, who led the Crusaders to still another state D2 crown, was named player of the year.
- DSHA softball team slugs its way past Menomonee Falls, 8-5
- Sports Shorts: April 28, 2016
- Menomonee Falls boys track team getting faster and faster
- Young Menomonee Falls softball team ready for challenges ahead
- Youthful Menomonee Falls golf team sets new school record
- WIAA realignment plan a headache, but athletic directors will live with it
- Young Menomonee Falls softball team gets crash-course in experience
- SPORTS SHORTS: April 21
- Germantown, Menomonee Falls athletes make college choices
- WFCA banquet about memory, friendship, giving back