Junior midfielder Anna Smalley of the Greater Metro Conference champion Menomonee Falls girls' soccer team was just announced as a member of the Wisconsin Soccer Coaches' Association (WSCA) All-State "First 11".
The first-team selection for Smalley is another feather in the cap for arguably the best season in the history of the Falls' girls' program, which was ranked as high as third in state polls this season and made sectional semifinals before losing to fourth-ranked in state area rival Germantown, 1-0.
Germantown junior forward Maddie Tetzke earned "Best of the Rest" on the all-state team.
Division I state champion Cedarburg put two players on the first team and Catholic Memorial freshman forward Emily Cervantes, who led the Crusaders to still another state D2 crown, was named player of the year.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls swimmers second in Northstar Invitational
- SPORTS SHORTS: Sept. 3
- Turnovers do in Menomonee Falls football team in loss to Superior
- Menomonee Falls volleyball team opens season with win over Nicolet
- Menomonee Falls football team stunned by inspired Oak Creek, 26-0
- Sport Shorts: Aug. 27, 2015
- Young Menomonee Falls soccer team to build on success of 2014
- Football: Youthful Oak Creek football team impresses in 26-0 win over Falls
- Menomonee Falls football team quick, active and experienced
- Gridiron Guide: Get to know: Menomonee Falls Indians