Junior midfielder Anna Smalley of the Greater Metro Conference champion Menomonee Falls girls' soccer team was just announced as a member of the Wisconsin Soccer Coaches' Association (WSCA) All-State "First 11".
The first-team selection for Smalley is another feather in the cap for arguably the best season in the history of the Falls' girls' program, which was ranked as high as third in state polls this season and made sectional semifinals before losing to fourth-ranked in state area rival Germantown, 1-0.
Germantown junior forward Maddie Tetzke earned "Best of the Rest" on the all-state team.
Division I state champion Cedarburg put two players on the first team and Catholic Memorial freshman forward Emily Cervantes, who led the Crusaders to still another state D2 crown, was named player of the year.
- Menomonee Falls boys track wins sectional, sends 8 entries to state
- Menomonee Falls boys basketball coach Ben Farley to step down
- Mentally tough Menomonee Falls softball team wins sixth GMC title
- McMurtry's two wins lead Menomonee Falls boys track team to second in GMC outdoor
- Menomonee Falls and Germantown Sports Shorts: May 26
- Sports Shorts: May 19, 2016
- Menomonee Falls boys tennis team stays on a roll, wins Slinger Invite
- Menomonee Falls Lakers celebrate return with big win
- Menomonee Falls softball team takes lead in GMC
- Sports Shorts: May 12, 2016