Junior midfielder Anna Smalley of the Greater Metro Conference champion Menomonee Falls girls' soccer team was just announced as a member of the Wisconsin Soccer Coaches' Association (WSCA) All-State "First 11".
The first-team selection for Smalley is another feather in the cap for arguably the best season in the history of the Falls' girls' program, which was ranked as high as third in state polls this season and made sectional semifinals before losing to fourth-ranked in state area rival Germantown, 1-0.
Germantown junior forward Maddie Tetzke earned "Best of the Rest" on the all-state team.
Division I state champion Cedarburg put two players on the first team and Catholic Memorial freshman forward Emily Cervantes, who led the Crusaders to still another state D2 crown, was named player of the year.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Football: Hamilton workhorse closes career in style
- Sloppy Germantown boys basketball team roars past game Falls, 83-47
- High-speed Germantown girls overpower Falls, 73-54, in border clash
- Sloppy Germantown boys basketball team beats Falls for 60th straight
- Sports Wraps: Dec. 7
- Germantown girls basketball team overpowers Falls, 73-54
- Talented Menomonee Falls wrestling team wants more this season
- Young Falls girls hoops team optimistic this season
- Blue Knights show balance as basketball season takes off
- Healthy Almonte enjoyed banner season for Falls football team