Picking where it left off after claiming its second straight WIAA State D1 title in March, the Germantown boys basketball team will compete for the Whiz Kids Summer League Championship at MSOE in Milwaukee on Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. against Milwaukee Riverside.
The summer team, which is coached by Dave Huebner, will carry a 30-0 record into the final. It is made up largely of members of the returning WIAA state champions, which will carry a 56-game winning streak into the 2013-14 season.
Germantown will return four of five starters this coming winter and six of its top eight players. State Player of the Year center Luke Fischer will be at Indiana but returning NOW All-Suburban guard Lamonte Bearden will be back to run the show along with three-point shooting ace Jake Showalter.
In addition, Germantown picked up Menomonee Falls transfer Juwan McCloud, who had a fine freshman season as a guard for the Indians this past winter. McCloud is the younger brother of former Germantown guard Jalen McCloud.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls boys soccer team makes first state trip
- Menomonee Falls soccer legends look back, forward
- Menomonee Falls boys soccer team earns first state tourney berth
- Football: Menomonee Falls stunned by Milwaukee King
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Level 1
- Falls soccer team advances to WIAA sectional final with 2-0 win
- Football: Poll: Which area team will win a state football title?
- Falls boys soccer team just two steps away from state tourney
- Gritty Falls effort versus Marquette comes up short
- Marquette ends Menomonee Falls' dream of GMC football title