Despite missing one of its top competitiors, the Menomonee Falls wrestling team won its bracket with a 5-0 record and advanced to Saturday's four-team championship round in the 24-school Northern Exposure Duals at Merrill.
The Indians despite not having state-level lightweight Jerott Holz, defeated the Bluejays (77-3), Marquette (72-6), Edgar (60-18), Eau Claire North (58-12) and Oconto Falls (64-9) in first day action.
That effort will advance them to the championship round Saturday with other bracket winners Merrill, Menomonie and Bay Port.
Going unbeaten on the day for the Indians were Eric Wunsch at 106 pounds (5-0), Aaron Daly at 113 and 120 pounds (5-0), Billy Holz at 126 (5-0 with three pins), Jeff Kleser at 132 (4-0), Casey Crangle at 145 (5-0 with three pins), Jake Fuiten at 182 (5-0), and Trayvon Handy at 285 (5-0 with four pins).
Jake McMahon at 138 (4-1), Tyler Simcock at 160 (4-1) and James Dow at 220 (4-1 with four pins) also had good days for the Indians.
- We will miss you "Sky" Skibosh
- Menomonee Falls baseball team fine-tuning things heading into tournaments
- Menomonee Falls youth soccer program joins Milwaukee Kickers
- Weber comes back to help Menomonee Falls baseball team
- Menomonee Falls' Ty Weber graduates, leaves for college, gets drafted
- Without Weber, Menomonee Falls baseball team looking for consistency
- Menomonee Falls' Weber heads off to college with 9-0 win
- Boys basketball: Menomonee Falls makes power play to bring in hoops coach Steve Showalter (5)
- Menomonee Falls softball team comes up just short of state
- Germantown and Menomonee Falls Sports Shorts: June 9, 2016