Despite missing one of its top competitiors, the Menomonee Falls wrestling team won its bracket with a 5-0 record and advanced to Saturday's four-team championship round in the 24-school Northern Exposure Duals at Merrill.
The Indians despite not having state-level lightweight Jerott Holz, defeated the Bluejays (77-3), Marquette (72-6), Edgar (60-18), Eau Claire North (58-12) and Oconto Falls (64-9) in first day action.
That effort will advance them to the championship round Saturday with other bracket winners Merrill, Menomonie and Bay Port.
Going unbeaten on the day for the Indians were Eric Wunsch at 106 pounds (5-0), Aaron Daly at 113 and 120 pounds (5-0), Billy Holz at 126 (5-0 with three pins), Jeff Kleser at 132 (4-0), Casey Crangle at 145 (5-0 with three pins), Jake Fuiten at 182 (5-0), and Trayvon Handy at 285 (5-0 with four pins).
Jake McMahon at 138 (4-1), Tyler Simcock at 160 (4-1) and James Dow at 220 (4-1 with four pins) also had good days for the Indians.
- Menomonee Falls boys track wins sectional, sends 8 entries to state
- Menomonee Falls boys basketball coach Ben Farley to step down
- Mentally tough Menomonee Falls softball team wins sixth GMC title
- McMurtry's two wins lead Menomonee Falls boys track team to second in GMC outdoor
- Menomonee Falls and Germantown Sports Shorts: May 26
- Sports Shorts: May 19, 2016
- Menomonee Falls boys tennis team stays on a roll, wins Slinger Invite
- Menomonee Falls Lakers celebrate return with big win
- Menomonee Falls softball team takes lead in GMC
- Sports Shorts: May 12, 2016