The Menomonee Falls Optimists' Club has given $25,000 to the Booster Club's Capital Improvement Committee for the second phase of the high school athletic facilities update.
The second phase of the project includes a vast updating of Schumann Stadium including permanant bathrooms and a fieldturf playing surface. It would also look to put a new softball field on campus.
"We have about $300,000 raised and we're looking for a million," Falls Athletic Director Ryan Anderson said last fall of the ambitious next phases of the school's facilities upgrade, "and it will include a public, permanent bathroom on the north end of the (Schumann) stadium as well as team rooms for both football and track."
In Anderson's mind, this change cannot come too soon.
The first phase of the project, which was completed in 2007 for $1.54 million, vastly upgraded the track and the entrances to the stadium among other things (the tennis courts, gym bleachers and soccer lights were also beneficiaries). It was largely funded by an enthusiastic and tireless fundraising effort of the CIC.
The CIC and the district are back at it again, Anderson said, for what is being sought will not only include the much-needed modern plumbing and team rooms, but a vast reconfiguration of the athletic footprint of the campus.
There are two phases to the project, Anderson said. In the end, it will affect five sports including football, soccer, softball, track and baseball on the high school level and baseball and football on the Junior Indians level. It will also open up options for more community events at Schumann Stadium.
Fundraising remains ongoing.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls volleyball team secures invite title with win over Greendale
- Sport Shorts: Oct. 8, 2015
- Brookfield East rolls over Falls, 38-0, to clinch playoff berth
- Home sweet home: Falls offense paces Indian football team to 37-13 win
- Family ties link Menomonee Falls Hall of Famers
- Sport Shorts: Oct 1, 2015
- Post-unification period key in latest Falls Hall of Fame class
- Sport Shorts: Sept. 24, 2015
- Germantown, Menomonee Falls swimming teams compete well at Indian Invite
- Sport Shorts: Sept. 17, 2015