There will be a four-day fundraiser at Krueger's Entertainment Center, W16471 Appleton Ave., in Menomonee Falls running from March 20-23 (Thursday through Sunday) to help renovate the football field at Falls High School.
It will be held in honor of the late football coach Jim Jeskewitz, for whom the new Field Turf surface at Schumann Stadium will be named once all the monies are in place. The event will coincide with the NCAA Basketball Tourney and will run from noon until the games end each day.
Participants can purchase a "Remember Jess" wristband on site for $1 and Krueger's will donate 10 percent of any purchase towards the new field. Other events are scheduled each day, including giveaways and drawings.
The event is being sponsored by former graduates and football players from Falls East and Falls High Schools where the WFCA Hall of Famer Jeskewitz coached from 1969-1996. He passed away after a short battle with cancer this past fall.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis Central edges Falls in critical GMC wrestling dual
- Germantown girls overpower Menomonee Falls, 73-36
- Germantown boys improve to 6-0 with 80-48 border win over Falls
- Central wrestlers take control of GMC race with 29-27 win over Falls
- Falls boys even record by getting defensive against Franklin
- Boys basketball: Tosa East stays undefeated, downs Falls
- Menomonee Falls boys get defensive in beating Franklin, 48-30
- Sport Shorts: Dec. 11, 2014
- 2014 NOW All-Suburban Football: Tyler Simcock's energy brought life to Menomonee Falls' defense
- Fall a time of reflection and athletic success for Menomonee Falls and Germantown