People will get to relive those dreaded days of grade and high school phy-ed classes when the Menomonee Falls Booster Club and the Capital Improvement Campaign sponsor their second annual Dodgeball Tournament in the high school main gym, Saturday at 9 a.m.
The event, which will feature 31 teams in fourth and fifth grade, sixth through eighth grade and open competition, will be a fundraiser for the Capital Improvement Campaign.
The double-elimination tournament will feature more than 186 players. Officials have said that 31 teams have signed up, more than double the 14 that participated last year. Championship matches will likely be held around 11 a.m. Entries are now closed.
There is no charge for the event and the Junior Indians Baseball Club is slated to be selling soft drinks and energy bars. T-shirts honoring the event will also be on sale.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek rallies past game Falls football team, 20-10
- Football: Oak Creek rallies for victory over Falls
- Menomonee Falls' Weber pitches his way onto NOW All-Sub team
- Baseball: Barnes keeps bases clean for Sussex Hamilton
- Will 'the boys of summer baseball' keep playing in the years to come?
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 31
- Behind Weber, young Falls team found its way to 22-11
- Homestead bats too much for Menomonee Falls baseball team in 10-8 sectional loss
- Menomonee Falls baseball team beats Port and Grafton to claim regional title
- Menomonee Falls baseball team advances with 2-0 shutout of Port