The Menomonee Falls girls track team earned three firsts en route to a second-place effort in the Wisconsin Lutheran Invitational on May 1.
The Indians scored 101 points for their spot in the eight-team field, edging Waukesha South (100) for second. The host Vikings won with 161.
Kayla Edwards (13.34 seconds) and Kari Braatz (13.47) took first and second in the 100-meter dash, respectively, while Becca Davis claimed the 200 (27.64). The trio then joined Alex Poole to win the 400 relay in 51.54. Edwards turned in a quick 12.89 in the preliminaries of the 100 and was also third in the long jump (16 feet, 2 ½ inches).
In addition, the 3,200 relay team of Katie Smalley, Alexis Virlee, Bryn Saunders and Becca Schmidt won in 10:46.07.
Other top-six finishes for the Indians included the following: 1,600 - Virlee, fifth (6:03.88). 3,200 - Nikki Hare, fifth (13:14.63). 1,600 relay - Smalley, Saunders, Schmidt and Virlee, fourth (4:29.97). High jump - Poole, fourth (4-6). Long jump - Poole, fifth (15-11). Discus - Kim Cietti, fifth (90-7). 800 - Meghan Braatz, fifth (2:36.67). Pole vault - Sam Shiley, third (8-0).
- Steven L. Tietz,
- Sports Shorts: May 5, 2016
- DSHA softball team outslugs Falls in GMC showdown
- Menomonee Falls golf team remains competitive fighting the weather
- DSHA softball team slugs its way past Menomonee Falls, 8-5
- Sports Shorts: April 28, 2016
- Menomonee Falls boys track team getting faster and faster
- Young Menomonee Falls softball team ready for challenges ahead
- Youthful Menomonee Falls golf team sets new school record
- WIAA realignment plan a headache, but athletic directors will live with it
- Young Menomonee Falls softball team gets crash-course in experience