The Menomonee Falls girls track team earned three firsts en route to a second-place effort in the Wisconsin Lutheran Invitational on May 1.
The Indians scored 101 points for their spot in the eight-team field, edging Waukesha South (100) for second. The host Vikings won with 161.
Kayla Edwards (13.34 seconds) and Kari Braatz (13.47) took first and second in the 100-meter dash, respectively, while Becca Davis claimed the 200 (27.64). The trio then joined Alex Poole to win the 400 relay in 51.54. Edwards turned in a quick 12.89 in the preliminaries of the 100 and was also third in the long jump (16 feet, 2 ½ inches).
In addition, the 3,200 relay team of Katie Smalley, Alexis Virlee, Bryn Saunders and Becca Schmidt won in 10:46.07.
Other top-six finishes for the Indians included the following: 1,600 - Virlee, fifth (6:03.88). 3,200 - Nikki Hare, fifth (13:14.63). 1,600 relay - Smalley, Saunders, Schmidt and Virlee, fourth (4:29.97). High jump - Poole, fourth (4-6). Long jump - Poole, fifth (15-11). Discus - Kim Cietti, fifth (90-7). 800 - Meghan Braatz, fifth (2:36.67). Pole vault - Sam Shiley, third (8-0).
- Steven L. Tietz,
- Weber comes back to help Menomonee Falls baseball team
- Menomonee Falls' Ty Weber graduates, leaves for college, gets drafted
- Without Weber, Menomonee Falls baseball team looking for consistency
- Menomonee Falls' Weber heads off to college with 9-0 win
- Boys basketball: Menomonee Falls makes power play to bring in hoops coach Steve Showalter (5)
- Menomonee Falls softball team comes up just short of state
- Germantown and Menomonee Falls Sports Shorts: June 9, 2016
- Track and field: State track meet full of close calls for Menomonee Falls boys
- Menomonee Falls boys win track sectional, advance eight entries to state
- Menomonee Falls tennis players make history with three state entries