Showing both grit and talent, the Germantown boys basketball team took another step toward its first WIAA state championship with a physical, 57-45, decision over De Pere on Saturday. The Warhawks stood up to physical play, worked past injury (starting guard Zack Kumbier) and entertained a Manitowoc fieldhouse crowd. Dunks, hard fouls, big stops on defense and clutch free throws marked the intense drama played out on the shores of Lake Michigan as the Warhawks advanced to the state tournament this weekend in Madison.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls softball team clinches share of fifth GMC title
- Menomonee Falls soccer team keeps things in perspective, wins three
- UW-Green Bay's Hailey Mohrfeld plays through pain, shatters records
- Home cooking: Menomonee Falls trackmen claim GMC Relays
- Germantown girls soccer team edges rival Menomonee Falls, 1-0
- Menomonee Falls' Jones blanks Germantown, 2-0, in softball thriller
- Young Menomonee Falls girls soccer team looking for good things
- Menomonee Falls softball team off to red-hot start
- Girls basketball: Klug seeks to bring Chargers to new heights
- New Falls' girls track coach Luedke optimistic for future