Showing both grit and talent, the Germantown boys basketball team took another step toward its first WIAA state championship with a physical, 57-45, decision over De Pere on Saturday. The Warhawks stood up to physical play, worked past injury (starting guard Zack Kumbier) and entertained a Manitowoc fieldhouse crowd. Dunks, hard fouls, big stops on defense and clutch free throws marked the intense drama played out on the shores of Lake Michigan as the Warhawks advanced to the state tournament this weekend in Madison.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls High School stadium renovation project slowly moving forward
- Celebrating Robyn Turtenwald, and raising money to fight MS
- Menomonee Falls softball opens season with a bang
- Vechart a finalist for scholarship
- Menomonee Falls girls softball builds on 2013 with 5-0 start
- Menomonee Falls boys track team takes down state champion
- Girls basketball: Taylor Klug helped stabilize Sussex Hamilton girls basketball team
- Sports Shorts: April 3
- Menomonee Falls wrestlers earned success on mats, in school
- Jim Lawinger goes home