Showing both grit and talent, the Germantown boys basketball team took another step toward its first WIAA state championship with a physical, 57-45, decision over De Pere on Saturday. The Warhawks stood up to physical play, worked past injury (starting guard Zack Kumbier) and entertained a Manitowoc fieldhouse crowd. Dunks, hard fouls, big stops on defense and clutch free throws marked the intense drama played out on the shores of Lake Michigan as the Warhawks advanced to the state tournament this weekend in Madison.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Falls baseball team routs Franklin for state championship
- Hansen, Menomonee Falls baseball team get weight lifted with title
- Tokoto makes stop at Falls Fest after NBA draft
- Manchester was a giant in world of Menomonee Falls athletics
- Six-run fourth lifts Menomonee Falls to semifinal win over Pewaukee
- Battle-tested Menomonee Falls confident heading into state tourney
- Baseball: Nothing fazes Falls as Indians head to state for first time since 2008
- Menomonee Falls baseball team turns to Gile again, survives regional test
- Baseball: Gile rescues Falls again in 4-3 regional win over Whitefish Bay
- Confident Menomonee Falls baseball team wins GMC tourney title