Showing both grit and talent, the Germantown boys basketball team took another step toward its first WIAA state championship with a physical, 57-45, decision over De Pere on Saturday. The Warhawks stood up to physical play, worked past injury (starting guard Zack Kumbier) and entertained a Manitowoc fieldhouse crowd. Dunks, hard fouls, big stops on defense and clutch free throws marked the intense drama played out on the shores of Lake Michigan as the Warhawks advanced to the state tournament this weekend in Madison.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls defends GMC softball title with 2-0 win over BC
- Olapo earns chance to wrestle in the big time, will attend Michigan
- Falls wrestlers earn all-state honors
- Falls' track invite only five years old, but is already a high-level "must-see"event
- Falls soccer, softball teams may vie for GMC crowns Saturday
- Sports Shorts: May 13
- New middle school tennis program has Falls' players believing they can compete again
- OUR TAKE
- Hamilton Sports Shorts: May 7
- Sports Shorts: May 6