Showing both grit and talent, the Germantown boys basketball team took another step toward its first WIAA state championship with a physical, 57-45, decision over De Pere on Saturday. The Warhawks stood up to physical play, worked past injury (starting guard Zack Kumbier) and entertained a Manitowoc fieldhouse crowd. Dunks, hard fouls, big stops on defense and clutch free throws marked the intense drama played out on the shores of Lake Michigan as the Warhawks advanced to the state tournament this weekend in Madison.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Young Falls girls hoops team optimistic this season
- Blue Knights show balance as basketball season takes off
- Healthy Almonte enjoyed banner season for Falls football team
- Farley 'feels great' as Falls boys beat North for first win
- Menomonee Falls boys basketball team earns first win for coach Farley
- Farley will try to breed toughness into Menomonee Falls basketball team
- Team unity helped Falls football team finish at 7-3 this season (1)
- Following Jeskewitz's example would be best way to honor him
- Menomonee Falls' Jeskewitz won in life by engaging everyone (1)
- Menomonee Falls/Hamilton junior girls diver medals at state swim meet