Showing both grit and talent, the Germantown boys basketball team took another step toward its first WIAA state championship with a physical, 57-45, decision over De Pere on Saturday. The Warhawks stood up to physical play, worked past injury (starting guard Zack Kumbier) and entertained a Manitowoc fieldhouse crowd. Dunks, hard fouls, big stops on defense and clutch free throws marked the intense drama played out on the shores of Lake Michigan as the Warhawks advanced to the state tournament this weekend in Madison.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls wrestlers advance five to state off home mats
- Menomonee Falls wrestlers advance 10 to WIAA sectional event
- Holz wins fourth GMC wrestling title over state champ
- Menomonee Falls' Eastman, Lehnen to go NCAA D1 in soccer
- Falls boys rally for pivotal win over Hamilton
- Falls boys rally for first win over Hamilton in three years, 35-29
- Senior night a success on all levels for Menomonee Falls wrestlers
- Senior night a grand success for Menomonee Falls wrestling
- Baker steps down as Menomonee Falls football coach
- Busy Menomonee Falls wrestling team tries to sort out lineup