The 2012 Land O' Lakes Western Division baseball schedule was released last week, and Opening Day will take place on Sunday, April 29.
Opening day games on April 29 will find Merton playing at Sussex, the Brookfield Bulldogs at North Lake, Lannon at Hartland, Pewaukee at the Brookfield Blue Sox, West Bend at Menomonee Falls and Monches at Oconomowoc. All six of those games will begin at 1 p.m.
Games on May 6 have Merton playing at Lannon, North Lake at Oconomowoc, Sussex at Monches, Hartland at West Bend, Brookfield Blue Sox at the Brookfield Bulldogs and Pewaukee at Menomonee Falls.
All Sunday games begin at 1 p.m., and Saturday games are set to begin at 2 p.m.
There are four new managers this year. John McNeil is taking over the reins at Hartland, and Jake Calmes will manage at North Lake. Craig Larson is the new manager at West Bend, and DJ McCloud will manage at Menomonee Falls.
Other managers returning this year are Mike Wichser at Pewaukee, Jason Booth at the Brookfield Bulldogs, Jeff Lemmermann at Brookfield Blue Sox, Cory Gasper at Sussex, Jeff Rhoads at Oconomowoc, Pat Smith at Monches, Joe Johnson at Merton and Bruce Mayer at Lannon.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls' Jones blanks Germantown, 2-0, in softball thriller
- Young Menomonee Falls girls soccer team looking for good things
- Menomonee Falls softball team off to red-hot start
- Girls basketball: Klug seeks to bring Chargers to new heights
- New Falls' girls track coach Luedke optimistic for future
- Falls dodgeball tourney slated for Saturday at the high school
- Eisenhower girls basketball team celebrates excellent record
- West Allis Central slates state pep rally for March 19 at field house
- Lutz to take over as Menomonee Falls football coach
- Menomonee Falls' boys season ends with tough loss to Arrowhead (1)