Are you excited about the upcoming movie release of "The Deathly Hallows: Part 1"? Do you long to reconnect with your favorite series of books? Would you like the chance to dress up as your favorite Harry Potter character again? Do you, plain and simple, miss Harry Potter? We do, too. Introducing...
An Evening with John Granger - The Christian Content of Harry Potter
Be prepared to have your questions answered. Get ready to remember why it is you fell in love with these books in the first place. Rediscover the joy you felt when you, too, headed off to Hogwarts and discovered the magic.
John Granger's insights into why we love the Harry Potter series as well as his ability to explain the Christian content of the books will intrigue and delight you. We are so excited to bring this dynamic and engaging speaker to Emmanuel Community United Methodist Church!
Friday, October 22nd, 2010 at 6:30pm
Emmanuel Community United Methodist Church
N84 W16707 Menomonee Avenue
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
Free Tickets online at - http://www.ec-umc.com/
Don't forget to:
- Dress up as your favorite Harry Potter character.
- Invite your friends (they will need a tickett).
- Bring your John Granger books - he will sign them!
- Bring a camera - John is not shy (he likes to "do the Gilderoy thing")!
- Stay afterward for free custard...okay, and to chat with your friends.
John Granger (www.hogwartsprofessor.com/johngranger) is best known for explaining the artistry, meaning, and popularity of Joanne Rowling's Harry Potter novels. His four books on this subject, How Harry Cast His Spell, Unlocking Harry Potter: Seven Keys for the Serious Reader, The Deathly Hallows Lectures and Harry Potter's Bookshelf: The Great Books Behind the Hogwarts Adventures are used in University classrooms from Princeton to Pepperdine because they explore and explain why we love these novels in light of Ms. Rowling’s artistry and the meaning of her books.
A popular presenter on C. S. Lewis, Suzanne Collins' Hunger Games, and Stephenie Meyer’s Twilight books in addition to Harry Potter, John has been a Keynote and Featured Speaker at eleven academic and fan conferences. He has given classes and lectures at Yale, Princeton, Baylor, Pepperdine, Penn, Cornell, Biola, LaSalle, Washington & Lee, and the University of Chicago. John’s theories and insights about our favorite books and the experience of reading have been written up in the Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, and The Philadelphia Inquirer. In addition to almost one hundred radio talk show appearances, John has been interviewed on CNN, MSNBC, and A&E. The DVD of the Order of the Phoenix movie even includes an interview with John in the DVD extras.
His most recent book is Spotlight: A Close-Up Look at the Artistry and Meaning of the Stephenie Meyer’s Twilight Novels in which he reveals the allegorical meaning, literary influences, and Latter Day Saint backdrops of these best sellers. A Potter Pundit on the Leaky Cauldron's popular PotterCasts, he is editing a collection of Pundit talks and essays to be called Harry Potter Smart Talk. John was also also a finalist in the 2006 Witch Weekly 'Most Winning Smile,' house-elf division. He lives with his wife Mary and their seven Harry-loving children in New York state.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Community invited to holiday concert
- Hamilton National Honor Society hosts food drive
- Hamilton students selected for Honors Band Festival
- For all the golfers on your shopping list
- St. Mary School eighth grade students Delve Deeper Into Underwater Exploration at Discovery World
- Cornerstone Community Bank Hosting Cash Drive for Menomonee Falls Area Food Pantry
- Holiday concert will be performed by children’s orchestra
- Ellingson signs with University of Iowa
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Foti Chiropractic Sending Make-A-Wish Recipient to Hawaii in December