Suzy Favor Hamilton to Address Community – October 5
Highly successsful and honored track star, Suzy Favor Hamilton, will address community members on Tuesday, October 5th, 6:30 p.m. at the Menomonee Falls North Middle School auditorium. Favor Hamilton accomplished victories and set records at the State Level in Wisconsin, at the NCAA level at UW – Madison, and as a three-time Olympian.
Ms. Favor Hamilton speaks on the triumphs and failures of an athlete and of life. She motivates individuals to learn from failure and move on. Suzy Favor Hamilton also focuses on the many pitfalls of young athletes -- eating disorders, pressures, injuries and how to effectively manage and grow from this.
Ms. Favor Hamilton states that “perfection is not success.”
The event is open to the public at no cost. The Menomonee Falls Optimist Club and the School District of Menomonee Falls are co-sponsoring the presentation by Ms. Favor Hamilton. She will also be addressing students at both North Middle School and Menomonee Falls High School on Tuesday and Wednesday, October 5th and 6th.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Seeking Adult Day Services Program Volunteers at Lutheran Home
- Daylily Society of SE WI/daylily sale
- Local Converters and Packaging Suppliers Invited to Attend the Label & Package Printing Industry Day, June 25, in Milwaukee
- Individuals Encouraged to Join Playworks Wisconsin 4th Annual Corporate Kickball Tournament
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Johnson Bank Volunteers at Mequon Nature Preserve
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help