Suzy Favor Hamilton to Address Community – October 5
Highly successsful and honored track star, Suzy Favor Hamilton, will address community members on Tuesday, October 5th, 6:30 p.m. at the Menomonee Falls North Middle School auditorium. Favor Hamilton accomplished victories and set records at the State Level in Wisconsin, at the NCAA level at UW – Madison, and as a three-time Olympian.
Ms. Favor Hamilton speaks on the triumphs and failures of an athlete and of life. She motivates individuals to learn from failure and move on. Suzy Favor Hamilton also focuses on the many pitfalls of young athletes -- eating disorders, pressures, injuries and how to effectively manage and grow from this.
Ms. Favor Hamilton states that “perfection is not success.”
The event is open to the public at no cost. The Menomonee Falls Optimist Club and the School District of Menomonee Falls are co-sponsoring the presentation by Ms. Favor Hamilton. She will also be addressing students at both North Middle School and Menomonee Falls High School on Tuesday and Wednesday, October 5th and 6th.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Big Comedy Event to benefit USO & Camp Hometown Heroes
- Player Alumni Resources Announces Second Annual Green Bay Packers Alumni Charity Fishing Tournament & VIP Event to Benefit Stars and Stripes Honor Flight
- Volunteer Center: Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Trivia Night at Saint Anthony's Parish
- Kevin Pasqua Becomes Board Vice President for Brain Injury Alliance of Wisconsin
- Valentine's Day is Cute, Tobacco...Not so Much
- J&B Construction Provides Tips on Decking Material Selections
- Journey with Jesus, Easter for Kids
- Elder Eric Scott Dougherty Returns Home
- Break Out of the Winter Blues – and Heat Things Up – at Valentine’s Day!