Suzy Favor Hamilton to Address Community – October 5
Highly successsful and honored track star, Suzy Favor Hamilton, will address community members on Tuesday, October 5th, 6:30 p.m. at the Menomonee Falls North Middle School auditorium. Favor Hamilton accomplished victories and set records at the State Level in Wisconsin, at the NCAA level at UW – Madison, and as a three-time Olympian.
Ms. Favor Hamilton speaks on the triumphs and failures of an athlete and of life. She motivates individuals to learn from failure and move on. Suzy Favor Hamilton also focuses on the many pitfalls of young athletes -- eating disorders, pressures, injuries and how to effectively manage and grow from this.
Ms. Favor Hamilton states that “perfection is not success.”
The event is open to the public at no cost. The Menomonee Falls Optimist Club and the School District of Menomonee Falls are co-sponsoring the presentation by Ms. Favor Hamilton. She will also be addressing students at both North Middle School and Menomonee Falls High School on Tuesday and Wednesday, October 5th and 6th.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Public welcome to WAUMC's 'The Winter Rose' Christmas cantata
- Foti Chiropractic Fulfills Dream of Second Make-A-Wish Recipient in 2014
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Announces 2015 Officers and Directors
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Allison Quartuccio of Denali Realty Group honored with first-ever Volunteer of the year award
- Sky Zone Hosts Toys For Tots Collection
- Reading Comprehension Tips from LearningRx
- Building Futures Graduation set for December 16
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Season of Giving Blood Drive
- Cornerstone Community Bank Hosting Cash Drive to Benefit Menomonee Falls Area Food Pantry