Milwaukee Public Television (MPTV) proudly announces eight nominations for 2009-2010 Chicago/Midwest Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Emmy Awards. Selected for achievement were Lois Maurer, John McGivern, and several MPTV video broadcasting students. The awards will be presented at the 52nd Chicago/Midwest Emmy Awards Ceremony, Sat., Nov., 6, 2010, Park West, 322 W. Armitage, Chicago.
Lois Maurer, of Menonomee Falls, is the arts and culture programming producer for Milwaukee Public Television (MPTV). She received recognition for the "I Am Fit Generation" children's shorts; "The Great Circus Parade," special event production; and "The Early Stories of John McGivern," entertainment. A 23-year veteran in the media industry, Maurer joined MPTV in 2008, where she is the producer of 4th Street Forum, Arts Digest, and arts specials. Prior to MPTV, Maurer co-owned Media Makers, Inc.
MPTV is a viewer-supported service of Milwaukee Area Technical College; and since its inception, MPTV has educated, entertained and inspired. Today MPTV offers viewers a family of 10 digital channels to choose from, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. It also operates a website where local productions can be viewed online after original broadcast. www.mptv.org or call 414-297-7520
10.1 MPTV 10.1 HD
10.2 MPTV World
10.3 MPTV V-me (Spanish language PBS programs)
10.4 MPTV Weather (Upgraded service)
36.1 MPTV 36.1 (HD in early 2011)
36.2 MPTV 36.2 Simulcast of 10.1 in standard definition
36.3 MPTV Create (How-to programs)
36.4 MPTV Classical music
36.5 MPTV Jazz music
36.6 MPTV Traffic
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Calling All NaNoWriMo Participants!
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Waukesha-Ozaukee-Washington Workforce Development Board Offering Healthcare Training Grant Opportunities
- Local Businesses Collect, Deliver More than 4,000 Pounds of Food to New Berlin Food Pantry
- MinuteClinic Opens Its First Walk-in Medical Clinic in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Christmas Parade to be held November 30
- Christmas Event at Old Falls Village on December 7
- The C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook Gives Nearly $1,500 to Two Schools in Inaugural Donations
- Winter Used Book Sale at Library
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips For Last-Minute Home Winterization