The youth of Christ the King Lutheran Church of Delafield, 1600 Genesee Street, Delafield, will present the annual Christmas pageant on Sunday, December 19, at 10 a.m. in the church. The public is invited.
Entitled “Christmas FAQ,” this year’s program features an exchange of questions and answers on the true meaning of Christmas presented from the perspective of children. A birthday party for Jesus, hosted by 7th grade confirmation students, will be held in the Great Hall following the pageant.
Christ the King Lutheran Church of Delafield is celebrating its 60th year as a Lutheran congregation. It began as Delafield Lutheran Church in 1950, after successful Sunday School classes and church services in the Town Hall led to the decision to form a new congregation in July of 1950. Land for the church was purchased in the spring of 1951, and the church was dedicated that December. In 1967, the cornerstone on the current church building on Genesee St. was laid, and the church was dedicated in 1968.
An ELCA (Evangelical Lutheran Church of America) church, Christ the King has approximately 1,000 parishioners and welcomes new members. A special Saturday service is held each Saturday at 5 p.m. (except this Christmas Day and New Year’s Day), in addition to the regular Sunday morning services at 8:15 and 10 a.m. (except Dec. 26 and Jan. 2, with only a 10 a.m. service those days).
For more information, call the church office at (262) 646-2343 or visit www.ctkdelafield.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 800 Volunteers to Produce 175,000 Life Saving Meals
- Drew Lillibridge Earns Prestigious Eagle Scout Award
- Annual Pet Blessing
- HUSCO International named Employer of the Year
- Meet Your New Employer at the Workforce Development Center's Autumn Recruitment Fair
- Bartelt Wins Two MBA Achievement Awards
- Fall Open House at Heritage Court in Menomonee Falls
- October Movies at the Falls Library
- Weekly United Way Press Release - Volunteer Opportunities
- RED HOT MAMA! A Tribute to Sophie Tucker (featuring Becky Spice)