FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Outstanding Local High School Student Selected to Perform at Carnegie Hall
Contact: Lisel Bruscia
Menomonee Falls, WI – <2/14/11> – Hailey Gurgul, a student at Menomonee Falls High School, has been selected for the 2011 American High School Honors Performance Series at Carnegie Hall. She will be a part of the Honors Choir as a Soprano One. Participation in the Honors Choir is limited to the highest rated high school performers from across North America.
Hailey auditioned this fall for the Honors Performance Series and was accepted after a review by the Selection Board committee. Acceptance to the elite group is a direct result of the talent, dedication, and achievements demonstrated in her application and audition recording. Hailey will join other performers from the United States and Canada for a special performance at world-famous Carnegie Hall, a venue that marks the pinnacle of musical achievement.
Hailey Gurgul is a member of The Milwaukee Bach Chamber Choir, Menomonee Falls High School Master Singers, and Choralis Maris Stellas Choir at St. Mary Church where she is also a cantor leading the congregation in song. Additionally, she has performed last spring at Carnegie Hall with the Menomonee Falls High School combined choirs and can be heard singing The National Anthem at many MFHS Varsity sporting events.
Finalists will come together for five days in February 2011 in New York City to have the opportunity to learn and work with other Finalists, and get a taste of New York City. The 2011 conductors are Dr. Eph Ehly, Dr. Charles Peltz and Jeffrey Grogan. The Saturday, February 19 performance is available to the public and specially-invited representatives from collegiate music programs.
The Honors Performance Series was created to showcase accomplished individual high school performers by allowing them to study under master conductors and perform in the celebrated venue, Carnegie Hall.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Community invited to holiday concert
- Hamilton National Honor Society hosts food drive
- Hamilton students selected for Honors Band Festival
- For all the golfers on your shopping list
- St. Mary School eighth grade students Delve Deeper Into Underwater Exploration at Discovery World
- Cornerstone Community Bank Hosting Cash Drive for Menomonee Falls Area Food Pantry
- Holiday concert will be performed by children’s orchestra
- Ellingson signs with University of Iowa
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Foti Chiropractic Sending Make-A-Wish Recipient to Hawaii in December