Academy School of Music
N89 W16744 Appleton Ave.
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
Contact: Jim Kube
Tel.: (262) 255-6950
Academy School of Performance to Hold Concert
Academy School of Performance, an opportunity for private-lesson students to form ensembles, gain experience playing in small groups, and present live performances, will hold its second concert on Saturday, Feb. 26, from 2-4 p.m. at the Academy School of Music on Appleton Avenue in Menomonee Falls.
“The students have all worked very hard and we’re excited to give them this opportunity to develop the listening and timing skills necessary to play with other musicians,” said Jim Kube, percussion instructor and the program’s founder and director. The performances and participants are:
Drum set duet:
Aaron Fasting, Kube
Texas Flood, originally recorded by Stevie Ray Vaughn:
Peter Mathews (drums), Aaron Brasfield (bass guitar), guitar teacher Rob Wessel (guitar/vocals)
Sharp-Dressed Man, ZZ Top
Zach Knutson (drums), guitar teacher Donnie Jirschele (guitar), Wessel (guitar/vocals)
Love Bug, Jonas Brothers
Brandon Lucas (drums), Jimmy Bucher (guitar), Cully Linquist (guitar), Jirschele (guitar/vocals), Wessel (bass)
You Shook Me All Night Long, AC/DC
Jack Perinovic (drums), Andrew Marszalkowski (guitar), Jirschele (guitar), Wessel (bass/vocals)
Flamenco, original composition
Brittany Johnson (guitar), Kube (conga), guitar teacher Sande Becker (guitar)
Back to December, Taylor Swift
Taylor Strobel (guitar/vocals), Kube (drums), Wessel (bass)
The public is welcome to attend and encourage the musicians. Doors open at 1:30; photography without flash is permitted.
Academy School of Music offers music instruction and instruments for purchase and rental Monday through Thursday, noon - 8 p.m.; Friday, noon - 3; and Saturday 10 – 3.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee Art Museum Hosts Kohl's Art Generation Open Studio: Painted Stories
- Menomonee Falls High School FACT Group
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Brandish Creative Group launches to support regional small businesses
- Merry Christmas to the World!
- "Battle of the Bays" winner announced by BloodCenter of WI
- Celebrate the Christmas Season with Trinity United Church of Christ
- Public welcome to WAUMC's 'The Winter Rose' Christmas cantata
- Foti Chiropractic Fulfills Dream of Second Make-A-Wish Recipient in 2014
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Announces 2015 Officers and Directors