The Optimist Club of Menomonee Falls is pleased to announce the availability of eleven scholarships for graduating seniors from Menomonee Falls High School and/or residents of Menomonee Falls graduating from other high schools.
Applicants must have served in a voluntary capacity to be eligible for an Optimist Scholarship.
Applications and information regarding the essay requirement may be found on the school website at http://www.sdmf.k12.wi.us/mfhs/scholarship.htm, or from the High School Student Services Department. Make sure to print the special form for the Optimist Club.
Completed applications and supporting documentation must be returned to the MFHS Student Services Department no later than March 31, 2011.
For more information about the scholarships, please call Cathy Hazzard, 255-8700.
Last year the Optimist Club awarded $11,000 in scholarships. The motto of the Optimist Club is “Friend of Youth” and “Bringing out the Best in Kids”. Many community events are sponsored by the Optimist club such as the Independence Day Parade, Fishing Derby, Adopt A Highway, Leaf Raking for Senior Citizens, and many more.
Some of the youth projects the club sponsors are Post Prom, Jr Miss, Student of the Month, Tri Star Baseball, Tri Star Basketball and many scholarship opportunities.
The Optimist Club of Menomonee Falls meets every Wednesday morning at 7:15 in room 102 of the Menomonee Falls Community Center, N8645 Margaret Road.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Christ the King Church of Delafield To Hold Rally Sunday Celebration, Sept. 7
- Holy Hill Arts & Crafts Fair Celebrates 40th Year – 2014 Event Scheduled for Sat., Sept. 20
- Milwaukee/NARI Reveals the Secret Ingredient of an Award-Winning Remodel
- Macy Anderson Joins Wallner Builders as Design Facilitator
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- BEACHCOMBER SALON PLANS SEPTEMBER 11TH FUNDRAISER
- Friends of Ava - A Special Fund Raiser to Help With Medical Costs
- Holy Cross to host “Something for Everyone,” a Community Block Party Celebration on September 5th and 6th
- It’s a celebration for folks of all ages, and it is Free! All are Welcome.
- Put some WOW into your job search!