April 19, 2011
For immediate release
Contact: Adam Beeson
Online newsroom: www.Aurora.org/Newsroom
Ultimate Performance Pitching Clinic set for May 7th
Event showcases new program at Aurora Sports Medicine Institute
Milwaukee — Ballplayers aged 8 and above who are seeking to improve their pitching or throwing technique are invited to the Ultimate Performance Pitching Clinic at the Aurora Sports Medicine Institute at Aurora Sinai Medical Center Saturday, May 7 from 8 to 11 a.m.
For $30 participants will receive 30 minutes of private consultation that includes functional movement screening, video analysis of throwing mechanics and throwing-specific drills and exercises. The clinic will utilize different parts of the Aurora Sports Medicine Institute’s new Performance Pitching and Throwing program.
The clinic is open to male and female players. Physical therapists and licensed athletic trainers will be available to screen athletes on strengths and weaknesses in their throwing motion, conduct a video analysis of throwing mechanics and suggest drills and exercises that will improve overall performance.
Those interested in attending must make an appointment; there is limited availability. For more information, call 414 219-7776.
A recent report by the National Athletic Trainers’ Association indicates that overuse or repetitive trauma injuries represent approximately 50 percent of all pediatric sport-related injuries, and that more than half of these injuries may be preventable with simple approaches that include identification of risk factors for injury, proper supervision and education, and training and conditioning programs.
The Aurora Sports Medicine Institute’s new Performance Pitching and Throwing program is designed to mitigate injury and improve performance by providing ballplayers with a comprehensive analysis of their throwing or pitching motion. The program also includes a review of individualized exercise drills, injury prevention education, physical and mental conditioning, and nutrition counseling. Additional information can be obtained by calling 414 219-7776.
Aurora Health Care is a not-for-profit health care provider and a nationally recognized leader in efforts to improve health care quality. Aurora offers services at sites in more than 90 communities throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern Illinois.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wil-Kil Pest Control Advises Travelers to Take Precautions Against Bed Bugs this Spring Travel Season
- Sky Zone Launches Fitness Challenge
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- Holy Week Celebration Services at Trinity UCC
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- Two Comedy Shows benefit local military charities
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA Local professional group secures prominent Latina celebrity for upcoming fundraiser
- Try out field hockey with LIFT!
- SkySlam Madness Takes the Court
- Sole Sister's Vendor EXPO!