Nora Collins, a high school junior at Brookfield East, has released her second CD, “Run Away With Me”. Nora wrote all ten songs and co-produced most of the tracks. Two songs were recorded in Nashville and feature musicians that tour with Keith Urban, Lady Antebellum, Darius Rucker and Martina McBride. A third song finished in the top 20, out of 700 songs, in the Great Lakes Songwriting contest. Nora’s songs are featured weekly on FM106.1 Sunday night Home Made Jams radio show. Nora filmed a home music video for the title track which can be seen on her website and YouTube.
The 3 songs mentioned above can be streamed at http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/noracollins
Nora is a 2011 WAMI (Wisconsin Area Music Industry) “Rising Star” nominee. She also finished in the Sweet 16 in CMT’s Music City Madness competition. Nora performs weekly at the two Brookfield Potbelly Sandwich works and around the area. On July 15 she will perform from 3:30 – 5:00 pm and sing the National Anthem at the Tour de Brookfield International Cycling Classic at the Brookfield Civic Plaza.
Visit www.NoraCollins.com or http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/noracollins for more information and a performance schedule.
“Run Away With Me” is available at cdbaby, iTunes and at her gigs.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Car collectors wanted!
- Hurry! Hamilton Class of 60s-70s Reunion is Almost Here
- Brookfield East Jr. Spartans Baseball Tryouts
- Waterstone Mortgage Corporation Named Platinum Million Dollar Lender
- 1Collision County Line and Germantown Poms Host Fundraiser for Griebel Family
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Germantown Jr. Warhawks Take Richfield Summer Classic Tournament U-08 Championship
- MFHS Student Art on Display at District Business Office
- Milwaukee/NARI Shares Tips For Outdoor Living Spaces
- Reich Tool and Design supports fundraising for the 150 Mile Scenic Tour for Leukemia and Lymphoma Research