Visit Art in the Park for a refreshing look at the creative talent of our community through the eyes and from the hearts of local and regional artists. Members of the Art Guild of Menomonee Falls and other local art organizations will be creating their art along the Menomonee River in the Historic Village Centre of Downtown Menomonee Falls at Mill Pond Park on Sunday, August 21, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm. The event will take place rain or shine and is free and open to everyone. In addition, there will be a children’s art activity area near the waterfall. All make-it & take-it art projects and face painting are free for children. Food and beverages will be available for a nominal fee from local vendors.
A neon green flag will easily signify each artist’s station along the river. Event maps are available the day of the event at each artist’s station and at the Information booth’s located by the bridge on Main Street and the Mill Pond Pavilion. During this short time, all participants will set up their supplies and paint, draw, sculpt, or photograph in an open air gallery. Several artists will also display and sell additional works at their stations. There will also be an opportunity to participate in the silent auction. All funds raised will go towards the youth art scholarships in our community.
This is one of the most compelling experiences our artistic community offers. Together, artists and spectators are immersed in the creative process. See the scenes and how the artists interpret them. Smell the wet paint, touch the tools, hear the problem solving and get caught up in the excitement of watching a piece of art come to life before your eyes.
The Art Guild of Menomonee Falls (AGMF) is a nonprofit (503)(c) arts organization managed and supported by community members and volunteers. Our focus is to provide local artists living in/around Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin, with opportunities & resources for networking, exhibition, and artistic development workshops.
Do not miss this unique opportunity to visit Art in the Park. Discover the talent and techniques behind creating a masterpiece at this exciting art phenomenon. For more information, please contact 414-719-6613, firstname.lastname@example.org or www.artguildmf.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce partners with Waukesha County Technical College for Human Resources for the Small Business roundtable
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers March 11 Panel Discussion on “Expect The Unexpected…Completing A Home Improvement Project”
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- MS Summit is March 7
- "Blue Men and River Monsters"
- Artist and Display's Final Art Class
- Lynn's Wisconsin Garden Receives Over 1,000,000 Views
- Therapy Volunteer needed at the Lutheran Home
- LearningRx Tips for a Successful Parent-Teacher Conference