Michelle Johnson, Ph.D., an associate professor in the department of physical medicine and rehabilitation at The Medical College of Wisconsin, will share the very personal story behind her research into stroke rehabilitation at the Medical College’s Women in Science luncheon, September 29, 2011.
After Dr. Johnson’s grandmother suffered a stroke, Dr. Johnson focused her research on developing robotics to assist stroke patients with their rehabilitation. Dr. Johnson is working on several prototypes at her lab at the Zablocki VA Medical Center. Dr. Johnson will discuss her research in her presentation “The Future is Now: How Robotics Helps Stroke Patients.” The event will be held at the Women’s Club of Wisconsin, 813 E. Kilbourn Ave, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
The Women in Science luncheon series offers four programs annually that give the public an opportunity to meet outstanding female scientists and physicians. Subscribers hear compelling presentations by women researchers, benefit from the networking opportunity and share lunch with female physicians and researchers.
Series subscriptions are available for a suggested donation of $250, which supports an annual award for promising women scientists. Admission, lunch and parking are included.
For details, contact Pam Garvey, firstname.lastname@example.org or (414) 955-4703
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook Gives Nearly $1,500 to Two Schools in Inaugural Donations
- Winter Used Book Sale at Library
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips For Last-Minute Home Winterization
- The Paper Bag Christmas
- Free Jumping at Sky Zone with Food Donation
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Menomonee Falls High School Students help North Middle School Students Manage their Finances
- Germantown Volleyball Team's Carly Townsend signs with Toledo Rockets
- UFOS AND GOVERNMENT Talk at the Falls Library
- Local Resident Stars in MIRACLE ON 34TH STREET at Sunset Playhouse