Michelle Johnson, Ph.D., an associate professor in the department of physical medicine and rehabilitation at The Medical College of Wisconsin, will share the very personal story behind her research into stroke rehabilitation at the Medical College’s Women in Science luncheon, September 29, 2011.
After Dr. Johnson’s grandmother suffered a stroke, Dr. Johnson focused her research on developing robotics to assist stroke patients with their rehabilitation. Dr. Johnson is working on several prototypes at her lab at the Zablocki VA Medical Center. Dr. Johnson will discuss her research in her presentation “The Future is Now: How Robotics Helps Stroke Patients.” The event will be held at the Women’s Club of Wisconsin, 813 E. Kilbourn Ave, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
The Women in Science luncheon series offers four programs annually that give the public an opportunity to meet outstanding female scientists and physicians. Subscribers hear compelling presentations by women researchers, benefit from the networking opportunity and share lunch with female physicians and researchers.
Series subscriptions are available for a suggested donation of $250, which supports an annual award for promising women scientists. Admission, lunch and parking are included.
For details, contact Pam Garvey, firstname.lastname@example.org or (414) 955-4703
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee Art Museum Hosts Kohl's Art Generation Open Studio: Winter Warm-Up!
- Trinity UCC Jazz Worship & Luncheon
- Community Canine Health Clinic
- SCORE announces February Business Training Schedule
- Miss West Allis/New Berlin Scholarship Program
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- County Executive Candidate requests support onFeb.17
- Bartelt Named "Best of Houzz 2015"
- Free Financial Counseling Sessions Being Offered By The Waukesha-Ozaukee-Washington Workforce Development Board Through March 2015.
- Free Financial Literacy Workshops Being Offered by the Waukesha-Ozaukee-Washington Workforce Development Board Through March 2015