Michelle Johnson, Ph.D., an associate professor in the department of physical medicine and rehabilitation at The Medical College of Wisconsin, will share the very personal story behind her research into stroke rehabilitation at the Medical College’s Women in Science luncheon, September 29, 2011.
After Dr. Johnson’s grandmother suffered a stroke, Dr. Johnson focused her research on developing robotics to assist stroke patients with their rehabilitation. Dr. Johnson is working on several prototypes at her lab at the Zablocki VA Medical Center. Dr. Johnson will discuss her research in her presentation “The Future is Now: How Robotics Helps Stroke Patients.” The event will be held at the Women’s Club of Wisconsin, 813 E. Kilbourn Ave, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
The Women in Science luncheon series offers four programs annually that give the public an opportunity to meet outstanding female scientists and physicians. Subscribers hear compelling presentations by women researchers, benefit from the networking opportunity and share lunch with female physicians and researchers.
Series subscriptions are available for a suggested donation of $250, which supports an annual award for promising women scientists. Admission, lunch and parking are included.
For details, contact Pam Garvey, firstname.lastname@example.org or (414) 955-4703
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Johnson Bank Volunteers at Mequon Nature Preserve
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Three Brookfield Ameriprise Advisors Achieve Circle of Success Recognition
- Cousins Subs awards $5,000 scholarship to Claire Monzel of Menomonee Falls, Wis.
- Curative Care Network Awarded Renewed Three-Year CARF Accreditation
- Kohl’s Art Generation Family Sundays: Play on Words