United Way Volunteer Center in Waukesha County
1717 Paramount Drive, Waukesha
For Immediate Release**PRESS RELEASE ** PRESS RELEASE ** For Immediate Release
TO BE RELEASED: December 7th, 2011
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Lori Hayes – Division Manager of the Volunteer Center
This information is prepared by the United Way Volunteer Center in Waukesha County, 1717 Paramount Drive, Waukesha (262) 547-8459 x117
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES IN WAUKESHA COUNTY:
Going the Extra Mile Has It’s Own Reward:
ADRC has an urgent need for home delivered meal drivers to help once a week or twice a month, weekdays. Getting these meals allow older adults to live in their own homes longer. Areas needing some help are Butler, Oconomowoc, Mukwonago, Menomonee Falls and New Berlin. Individuals, couples and friends can apply and mileage reimbursement is provided. Help weekdays from 11:00 am until 12:30/1:00 pm and remember to leave your comfort zone and stretch yourself for a good cause. Orientation and training is provided on the job.
Casino Night at Mukwonago Food Pantry:
Come out and have fun with the set up for Casino Night held on February 10th at the Mukwonago Food Pantry. This will take place at the Legion Post 375-627 County Road NN in Mukwonago. The hours are from 10am to 2pm. Requirements: Must be at least 18 years of age.
Tutor a Child with Salvation Army:
Salvation Army in Waukesha is looking to provide tutoring to under-achieving students in our area beginning in January. To provide a quality program we are looking for volunteers who love children, are committed to helping them succeed, willing to attend training and can commit to one to two hours per week. We would like to enlist our volunteers and have them trained so we can start servicing students after the New Year. Requirements: Volunteers will need to be mature and provide one-on-one training as well as group instruction. Volunteer application including background check will be required for anyone over 18 years of age.
Nashotah Park Ski Race Volunteer:
The Nashotah Park Cross-Country Ski Race is held annually the first Saturday in January. This year's date is Saturday, January 7, 2012. Volunteers are needed to assist with registration of race participants from 9:00 am to 11:00 am, and also to assist as course marshals on the race course from 9:45 am to 2:30 pm. Race is dependent on snow conditions.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Seeking Adult Day Services Program Volunteers at Lutheran Home
- Daylily Society of SE WI/daylily sale
- Local Converters and Packaging Suppliers Invited to Attend the Label & Package Printing Industry Day, June 25, in Milwaukee
- Individuals Encouraged to Join Playworks Wisconsin 4th Annual Corporate Kickball Tournament
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Johnson Bank Volunteers at Mequon Nature Preserve
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help