The public is invited to attend free parenting classes, “Five Love Languages of Children and Teenagers”, presented by Pastor Jan Kwiatkowski on Saturday, Jan. 14, 21 and 28 in the Fellowship Hall at Wauwatosa Avenue United Methodist Church, 1529 Wauwatosa Ave. from 10:30 – 11:30 a.m.
The first session will focus on how to effectively communicate with younger children.
Sessions two and three will help parents of teens identify successful communication styles.
Preregistration is required. Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Parenting Series” in the subject line or call 414-453-0700. Please note any child care needs.
Parking is available behind the church on Underwood Avenue in either the ramp or surface lot. Enter the building through the southwest door just off the surface lot.
Kwiatkowski is on the faculty of Family Therapy Training Institute. As a member of Milwaukee Mental Health Consultants, she works with Milwaukee Public Schools at-risk youth and families.
Wauwatosa Avenue United Methodist Church dates back to 1848 and began with 42-members. Today, the congregation is 500 strong and firmly committed to inclusiveness, celebrating a diversity of people, ideas and cultures.
WAUMC offers two Sunday services, Christian education classes for individuals ages 3 through adult, a variety of adult and youth music programs and Girl Scout and Boy Scout troops. The congregation is involved with more than a dozen local, national and international mission outreach efforts.
For more information, call 414-453-0700 or visit www.waumc.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- LearningRx Tips for a Successful Parent-Teacher Conference
- Falls Library Presents a Green Clean Workshop
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter
- Connor Remodeling & Design Wins Three WRA Golds for Second Consecutive Year
- Brady McFarland Headed For State Tournament
- Michael Vernon Graduates From Universal Technical Institute
- Milwaukee/NARI Announces Availability of 2015 Membership Directory
- Waukesha County Community Foundation names new Communications, Marketing and Program Manager
- Mystery Matters with Carole Barrowman
- Too young to steal