Two local acoustic bands – Finian McCoy and Hawthorne Hills – will help launch a new community coffee house music night in the Fellowship Hall at Wauwatosa Avenue United Methodist Church, 1529 Wauwatosa Ave., on Saturday, Jan. 21, 2012 from 7 – 9 p.m.
Cost of admission is just $4 and includes light refreshments. All proceeds support the WAUMC youth group’s Appalachian Service Project trip in June.
The three-man Finian McCoy Band kicks off the evening with traditional tunes from Ireland, Scotland and Newfoundland played in an entertaining folk-rock style. The group regularly entertains at festivals, fund-raising events, coffeehouses and private parties throughout southeastern Wisconsin.
The Hawthorne Hills Band will offer a mix of original and traditional American songs in bluegrass style during the second half of the evening. This band plays private functions and at local establishments that feature live music.
Parking is available behind the church on Underwood Avenue in either the ramp or surface lot across from the fire station. Enter the building through the southwest door just off the surface lot.
Wauwatosa Avenue United Methodist Church dates back to 1848 and began with 42-members. Today, the congregation is 500 strong and firmly committed to inclusiveness, celebrating a diversity of people, ideas and cultures.
WAUMC offers two Sunday services, Christian education classes for individuals ages 3 through adult, a variety of adult and youth music programs and Girl Scout and Boy Scout troops. The congregation is involved with more than a dozen local, national and international mission outreach efforts.
For more information, call 414-453-0700 or visit www.waumc.org.
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Dog Behaving Badly? Free Seminar
- New Adoption, Foster Parenting Ministry Aims to Educate and Advocate for Children
- Waukesha County Executive Kicks Off Arbor Day Activities
- Appalachian Story Teller Jessica Michna at the Falls Library
- A Parent’s Guide to Prom Flowers
- Milwaukee Lutheran High School presents “Man of La Mancha”
- Walk MS Menomonee Falls is this Saturday!
- Kersti Niebruegge author of The Zonderling
- Some of the finest one of a kind Jewelry can be found at Purloin Studio