Two local acoustic bands – Finian McCoy and Hawthorne Hills – will help launch a new community coffee house music night in the Fellowship Hall at Wauwatosa Avenue United Methodist Church, 1529 Wauwatosa Ave., on Saturday, Jan. 21, 2012 from 7 – 9 p.m.
Cost of admission is just $4 and includes light refreshments. All proceeds support the WAUMC youth group’s Appalachian Service Project trip in June.
The three-man Finian McCoy Band kicks off the evening with traditional tunes from Ireland, Scotland and Newfoundland played in an entertaining folk-rock style. The group regularly entertains at festivals, fund-raising events, coffeehouses and private parties throughout southeastern Wisconsin.
The Hawthorne Hills Band will offer a mix of original and traditional American songs in bluegrass style during the second half of the evening. This band plays private functions and at local establishments that feature live music.
Parking is available behind the church on Underwood Avenue in either the ramp or surface lot across from the fire station. Enter the building through the southwest door just off the surface lot.
Wauwatosa Avenue United Methodist Church dates back to 1848 and began with 42-members. Today, the congregation is 500 strong and firmly committed to inclusiveness, celebrating a diversity of people, ideas and cultures.
WAUMC offers two Sunday services, Christian education classes for individuals ages 3 through adult, a variety of adult and youth music programs and Girl Scout and Boy Scout troops. The congregation is involved with more than a dozen local, national and international mission outreach efforts.
For more information, call 414-453-0700 or visit www.waumc.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- ABC's Dancing with the Stars Professional coming to Menomonee Falls to support Children's Hospital of Wisconsin Fundraiser
- Safe Sitter Babysitting Classes Offered at Wheaton Franciscan - Elmbrook Memorial
- FREE Elmbrook Memorial "Walk With A Wheaton Doc" - Saturday, June 22, 2013
- Attorney Robert L. Habush Honored with Lifetime Achievement Award
- Free music event at Luther Manor
- Butler's Picnic in the Park to Feature Vintage Baseball, Oscar Mayer Wienermobile
- Student’s award brings resources to high school
- Booster and Car Seat Safety Check
- Hamilton cheerleaders sponsor clinic
- Maple Avenue fifth-graders donate to Tricia’s Troops