The Menomonee Falls High School Art Honor Society will harness the power of soup and combine it with the influence of art at its Empty Bowls fundraiser from 5 to 7 pm, February 10th at the MFHS Cafeteria.
The event will be held prior to the MFHS Varsity Boys Basketball game against Sussex-Hamilton.
Dinner of soup, bread, water, and ceramic bowl is available for a $10 donation. The event will have 3 different soups donated by Bakers Square, bread donated by Pepperidge Farm and Nino’s Bakery, and paper products donated by Culver's. Art students from throughout the district created the ceramic bowls that will be available as a keepsake of the event.
Empty Bowls is an international project to fight hunger. The basic idea for Empty Bowls is simple; serve a simple meal of soup and bread. Guests choose a bowl to keep as a reminder that there are always empty bowls in the world.
It’s the most festive soup line imaginable, and all proceeds go to the Falls Area Food Pantry. Tickets will be available the night of the event at the café entrance. Questions can be directed to, Terra Chmielewski at 262-946-2046 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Germantown Little League introduces Jaguar Cubs Program
- Top Big Band Vocalist in Menomonee Falls
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Visit Old Falls Village Days June 4-5
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- Deep Sea Discovery VBS 2016
- Building Futures Provides Pathways to Success
- Concordia Pharmacy Students Help with Prescription Drug Disposal Right Before Finals
- Preventing Youth Substance Abuse Key to Reducing Burden of Disease in Wisconsin
- Help Waukesha County Prepare for a Disaster!