The Optimist Club of Menomonee Falls is pleased to announce the availability of nine scholarships for graduating seniors from Menomonee Falls High School and/or residents of Menomonee Falls graduating from other high schools.
Applicants must have served in a voluntary capacity to be eligible for an Optimist Scholarship.
Applications and information regarding the essay requirement may be found on the school website at http://www.sdmf.k12.wi.us/mfhs/scholarship.htm, or from the High School Student Services Department. Make sure to print the special form for the Optimist Club.
Completed applications and supporting documentation must be returned to the MFHS Student Services Department no later than March 29, 2012.
For more information about the scholarships, please call Cathy Hazzard, 255-8700.
Last year the Optimist Club awarded $11,000 in scholarships. The motto of the Optimist Club is “Friend of Youth” and “Bringing out the Best in Kids”. Many community events are sponsored by the Optimist club such as the Independence Day Parade, Fishing Derby, Adopt A Highway, Leaf Raking for Senior Citizens, and many more.
Some of the youth projects the club sponsors are Post Prom, Distinguished Young Woman, Student of the Month, Tri Star Baseball, Tri Star Basketball and many scholarship opportunities.
The Optimist Club of Menomonee Falls meets every Wednesday morning at 7:15 in room 102 of the Menomonee Falls Community Center, N8645 Margaret Road.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee/NARI: Bathroom Remodeling Trends Address Style and Function
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- Festival of Trees
- Falls Presents "Giant Cheesehead" Author
- Free Admission to Christmas Silver Tea & Christmas Cookie Sale
- CARE WISCONSIN WAUKESHA OFFICE RELOCATING TO FIRST FLOOR OF CURRENT BUILDING
- Recycling of Your Used Electronics for FREE This Holiday Season
- Fill your stockings with the gift of Parks and Golf
- Giving Tuesday – Share How You Help Others Or How You’ve Been Helped
- HELP WISCONSIN BUNDLE UP THIS SEASON