Safety Town is a 2-week safety program emphasizing traffic, fire and personal safety for children entering 5-year-old kindergarten in September 2012. There are no residency requirements for the program. It combines classroom instruction and the use of a miniature village that includes buildings, roads, signs and tricycles. Safety Town is taught by a certified teacher, Brookfield police officers and firefighters. There are 2 fieldtrips during the program to the Police and Fire departments, as well as guest speakers from the Elmbrook Humane Society. Contact Tina Reilly at (262) 782-3091 with questions.
Registration is in-person only and will be held Saturday, May 12, 2012, from 9am – 10:30am on the East Side of the City of Brookfield City Hall Building:
2000 N. Calhoun Road
Brookfield, WI 53005
Sessions are held at Burleigh Elementary School in Brookfield, $55.00 per session.
Session 1 June 18 – June 29, 9:30am - 11:30am
Session 2 June 18 – June 29, 1:00pm - 3:00pm
Session 3 July 9 - July 20, 9:30am - 11:30am
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Patio Players' "Hairspray" in One Word - Wow!
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Moviegoers at Menomonee Falls, South Shore Cinemas give DreamLounger recliner seating high marks
- Seeking Participants for Eat & Greet Festival Sat., June 6
- IT'S THIS WEEKEND! Sunday, April 26th (10 - 2) BD Early Bird Community Rummage Sale
- Author Mary Rickert at the Falls Library
- Nora Collins to headline at WAUMC Community Coffee House benefiting Habitat for Humanity
- Friends of the Library Book Sale
- Brandish Creative Group moves to larger offices in Oconomowoc