Woodside fourth- and fifth-graders will present their musical, “Aladdin KIDS,” based on the Disney animated movie. The performances will be April 24 at the following times and locations:
• 9-9:45 a.m. in Woodside gym for fourth grade;
• 2:30-3:15 p.m. in Woodside gym for fifth grade;
• 5:45-6:30 p.m. at Hamilton Fine Arts Center for fourth grade; and
• 7-7:45 p.m. at Hamilton Fine Arts Center for fifth grade.
In music and chorus classes, students learned their singing parts and collaborated to choreograph their dances and actions. Students with speaking roles memorized their lines at home and gave up recesses to rehearse their scenes. This musical’s interweaving of music, drama and dance exemplifies types of arts integration that takes place at various grade levels throughout the year at Woodside.
Heather Cheslock is the music teacher at Woodside, which is located at W236 N7465 Woodside Road, Sussex. The Hamilton Fine Arts Center is located at W220 N6151 Town Line Road, Sussex.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- United Way in Waukesha County Weekly Press Release
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers November 5 Panel Discussion on Refreshing Mudroom and Laundry Room
- Paul Pennoyer Joins Bartelt as a Lead Carpenter
- Antiques Appraisal Event
- Christmas for a Cause Holiday Shoppe
- I/O Technologies Relocates to Accommodate Continued Business Growth, New Staff
- Milwaukee Art Museum Hosts Kohl's Art Generation Family Sundays: Dia de los Muertos
- Optimist Club Fall Clean Up
- Barbara Donaldson, Waukesha Resident, Joins Brookfield Office of Ameriprise Financial
- Hamilton students recognized in NMSC competition