Woodside fourth- and fifth-graders will present their musical, “Aladdin KIDS,” based on the Disney animated movie. The performances will be April 24 at the following times and locations:
• 9-9:45 a.m. in Woodside gym for fourth grade;
• 2:30-3:15 p.m. in Woodside gym for fifth grade;
• 5:45-6:30 p.m. at Hamilton Fine Arts Center for fourth grade; and
• 7-7:45 p.m. at Hamilton Fine Arts Center for fifth grade.
In music and chorus classes, students learned their singing parts and collaborated to choreograph their dances and actions. Students with speaking roles memorized their lines at home and gave up recesses to rehearse their scenes. This musical’s interweaving of music, drama and dance exemplifies types of arts integration that takes place at various grade levels throughout the year at Woodside.
Heather Cheslock is the music teacher at Woodside, which is located at W236 N7465 Woodside Road, Sussex. The Hamilton Fine Arts Center is located at W220 N6151 Town Line Road, Sussex.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Johnson Bank Volunteers at Mequon Nature Preserve
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Three Brookfield Ameriprise Advisors Achieve Circle of Success Recognition
- Cousins Subs awards $5,000 scholarship to Claire Monzel of Menomonee Falls, Wis.
- Curative Care Network Awarded Renewed Three-Year CARF Accreditation
- Kohl’s Art Generation Family Sundays: Play on Words