Gather the family and your curiosity for a journey back in time! On Saturday, May 5 from 9:00am to 1:00pm the Washington County Historical Society will host the annual Living History Encampment Family Day at the Old Courthouse Museum located at 320 S 5th Ave, West Bend.
This year we have a special visit from Helen Keller, portrayed by Jessica Michna. Helen will reminisce about her fascinating life and give you an insight into her struggles and triumphs. Also, visit with a blacksmith, learn about the daily activities of women on the frontier and compare it with life today. You can enter a plains trader's tee-pee to see the many fascinating trade goods that were necessary for frontier living. Reenactors will also demonstrate music and flint knapping. Be sure to stop by all six camps!
This special event will be held rain or shine. Entrance is free for Society members and children 12 and under. The non-member adults fee is $5 per person. For more information, call 262-335-4678 or email email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Polish Harvest Festival
- Musical MainStage - Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame
- Crafters Wanted for Trinity UCC Craft Fair
- Christ the King Church of Delafield To Hold Rally Sunday Celebration, Sept. 7
- Holy Hill Arts & Crafts Fair Celebrates 40th Year – 2014 Event Scheduled for Sat., Sept. 20
- Milwaukee/NARI Reveals the Secret Ingredient of an Award-Winning Remodel
- Macy Anderson Joins Wallner Builders as Design Facilitator
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- BEACHCOMBER SALON PLANS SEPTEMBER 11TH FUNDRAISER
- Friends of Ava - A Special Fund Raiser to Help With Medical Costs