Gather the family and your curiosity for a journey back in time! On Saturday, May 5 from 9:00am to 1:00pm the Washington County Historical Society will host the annual Living History Encampment Family Day at the Old Courthouse Museum located at 320 S 5th Ave, West Bend.
This year we have a special visit from Helen Keller, portrayed by Jessica Michna. Helen will reminisce about her fascinating life and give you an insight into her struggles and triumphs. Also, visit with a blacksmith, learn about the daily activities of women on the frontier and compare it with life today. You can enter a plains trader's tee-pee to see the many fascinating trade goods that were necessary for frontier living. Reenactors will also demonstrate music and flint knapping. Be sure to stop by all six camps!
This special event will be held rain or shine. Entrance is free for Society members and children 12 and under. The non-member adults fee is $5 per person. For more information, call 262-335-4678 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Daddy Daughter Date Night at Sky Zone February 11
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- February Movies at the Falls Library
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host Preparing Future Generations for Career Readiness
- Local Pastor Speaks on Church Persecution
- Celebrities to be Featured at the Milwaukee NARI Spring Home Improvement Show; Spike TV’s Skip Bedell, DIY Network’s Kayleen McCabe, and More
- Milwaukee NARI Hosts 2nd Annual Career and Internship Fair; Continues Mission to Boost Interest in the Trade Industry
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- Pancake Breakfast and Silent Auction
- Greater Menomonee Falls Foundation accepting grant applications