Gather the family and your curiosity for a journey back in time! On Saturday, May 5 from 9:00am to 1:00pm the Washington County Historical Society will host the annual Living History Encampment Family Day at the Old Courthouse Museum located at 320 S 5th Ave, West Bend.
This year we have a special visit from Helen Keller, portrayed by Jessica Michna. Helen will reminisce about her fascinating life and give you an insight into her struggles and triumphs. Also, visit with a blacksmith, learn about the daily activities of women on the frontier and compare it with life today. You can enter a plains trader's tee-pee to see the many fascinating trade goods that were necessary for frontier living. Reenactors will also demonstrate music and flint knapping. Be sure to stop by all six camps!
This special event will be held rain or shine. Entrance is free for Society members and children 12 and under. The non-member adults fee is $5 per person. For more information, call 262-335-4678 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wil-Kil Pest Control Advises Travelers to Take Precautions Against Bed Bugs this Spring Travel Season
- Sky Zone Launches Fitness Challenge
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- Holy Week Celebration Services at Trinity UCC
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- Two Comedy Shows benefit local military charities
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA Local professional group secures prominent Latina celebrity for upcoming fundraiser
- Try out field hockey with LIFT!
- SkySlam Madness Takes the Court
- Sole Sister's Vendor EXPO!