Gather the family and your curiosity for a journey back in time! On Saturday, May 5 from 9:00am to 1:00pm the Washington County Historical Society will host the annual Living History Encampment Family Day at the Old Courthouse Museum located at 320 S 5th Ave, West Bend.
This year we have a special visit from Helen Keller, portrayed by Jessica Michna. Helen will reminisce about her fascinating life and give you an insight into her struggles and triumphs. Also, visit with a blacksmith, learn about the daily activities of women on the frontier and compare it with life today. You can enter a plains trader's tee-pee to see the many fascinating trade goods that were necessary for frontier living. Reenactors will also demonstrate music and flint knapping. Be sure to stop by all six camps!
This special event will be held rain or shine. Entrance is free for Society members and children 12 and under. The non-member adults fee is $5 per person. For more information, call 262-335-4678 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Falls Library Presents PUTTING YOUR ANCESTORS ON THE MAP
- Free Drum Clinic with The Common Thread Clinic Tour, Tuesday, April 22
- Foti Chiropractic Launches Encore Campaign for Make-A-Wish Wisconsin
- The Allegro Eminence Dance Center is Now Open!
- Hamilton student experiences government program
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Hamilton Band Boosters host Annual Spring Tasting
- Don’t Forget the Flowers During Administrative Professionals Week!
- Big Spring Book Sale Set for Falls Library
- Hamilton drama to present “Charlotte’s Web”