Gather the family and your curiosity for a journey back in time! On Saturday, May 5 from 9:00am to 1:00pm the Washington County Historical Society will host the annual Living History Encampment Family Day at the Old Courthouse Museum located at 320 S 5th Ave, West Bend.
This year we have a special visit from Helen Keller, portrayed by Jessica Michna. Helen will reminisce about her fascinating life and give you an insight into her struggles and triumphs. Also, visit with a blacksmith, learn about the daily activities of women on the frontier and compare it with life today. You can enter a plains trader's tee-pee to see the many fascinating trade goods that were necessary for frontier living. Reenactors will also demonstrate music and flint knapping. Be sure to stop by all six camps!
This special event will be held rain or shine. Entrance is free for Society members and children 12 and under. The non-member adults fee is $5 per person. For more information, call 262-335-4678 or email email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- March Movies at the Menomonee Falls Library
- Gehl Foods, Inc. Awarded the 2014 Quality and Service Award from Dot Foods
- Habitat Restoration at Three Sites of the Urban Ecology Center in Milwaukee
- Local Eagle Scout Gives Report to the Governor
- Distinguished Young Women Program
- Local Resident Participates in THE NERD at Sunset Playhouse
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce partners with Waukesha County Technical College for Human Resources for the Small Business roundtable
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers March 11 Panel Discussion on “Expect The Unexpected…Completing A Home Improvement Project”
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County