Gather the family and your curiosity for a journey back in time! On Saturday, May 5 from 9:00am to 1:00pm the Washington County Historical Society will host the annual Living History Encampment Family Day at the Old Courthouse Museum located at 320 S 5th Ave, West Bend.
This year we have a special visit from Helen Keller, portrayed by Jessica Michna. Helen will reminisce about her fascinating life and give you an insight into her struggles and triumphs. Also, visit with a blacksmith, learn about the daily activities of women on the frontier and compare it with life today. You can enter a plains trader's tee-pee to see the many fascinating trade goods that were necessary for frontier living. Reenactors will also demonstrate music and flint knapping. Be sure to stop by all six camps!
This special event will be held rain or shine. Entrance is free for Society members and children 12 and under. The non-member adults fee is $5 per person. For more information, call 262-335-4678 or email email@example.com.
- Library Program at Brookfield Library--WWII Enemy POWs in Wisconsin: The Story Behind the Story
- Summer Art Classes for Children and Adults
- Friends Book Sale
- C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook Donates Nearly $900 to Elmbrook Schools in April
- Celebrate and remember our nation’s heroes from May 16-21!
- Workforce Development Center Hosts Child Labor Law Overview for Employers
- June 4 Workshop Spotlights Merton and Heschel, Spiritual Giants
- Father's Day Golf Outing
- May Movies at the Falls Library
- MFHS Art at State Fair This Summer!