Waukesha (WI) – June 4, 2012 - There will be a special one-day collection of household hazardous waste open to any Waukesha County resident on Saturday, June 16 from 8:00 a.m. to noon in Delafield. The collection will take place at the City Department of Public Works, 111 Main Street.
Old, unusable chemicals, pesticides, wood preservatives, solvents, oil-based paints, and mercury-containing products will be accepted. Latex paint and non-hazardous cleaning materials will not be accepted.
“This is a once a year opportunity for residents in the Delafield area to properly dispose of hazardous waste in a convenient location,” stated Karen Fiedler, Solid Waste Supervisor for Waukesha County.
There will only be one other special collection event for 2012:
Oconomowoc – Saturday September 8 – City Public Works Garage
Waukesha County also has four year-round collection sites located in Muskego, Waukesha, Menomonee Falls, and Franklin. For more information, including a detailed list of acceptable HHW materials, visit www.waukeshacounty.gov/recycling or call 262-896-8300.
This program is funded by Waukesha County and Veolia Environmental Services in partnership with the local municipalities. Proof of residency is required at all locations at all times.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee/NARI: Bathroom Remodeling Trends Address Style and Function
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- Festival of Trees
- Falls Presents "Giant Cheesehead" Author
- Free Admission to Christmas Silver Tea & Christmas Cookie Sale
- CARE WISCONSIN WAUKESHA OFFICE RELOCATING TO FIRST FLOOR OF CURRENT BUILDING
- Recycling of Your Used Electronics for FREE This Holiday Season
- Fill your stockings with the gift of Parks and Golf
- Giving Tuesday – Share How You Help Others Or How You’ve Been Helped
- HELP WISCONSIN BUNDLE UP THIS SEASON