FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For Additional Information:
Lori Hayes, Division Manager of Volunteer Engagement
United Way in Waukesha County
United Way Connects the Community to Volunteer Opportunities
(November 8, 2012) – Waukesha, WI – United Way in Waukesha County would like to invite volunteers to the following opportunities:
Waukesha County Recycling Open House, Waukesha County Park System, Waukesha
Volunteers needed to assist with community Open House at recycling facility at 220 S. Prairie Ave. in Waukesha on November 10th from 9:30 AM - 12:30 PM. Basic assistance needed, helping serve the visitors who come for the open house with complimentary food and drink. Also need volunteers to help with traffic flow and distribution of giveaways. Requirements: must be 14 or older (14 and 15 year olds accompanied by an adult).
Shelter Assistant, The Women’s Center, Waukesha
Volunteers aged 18 and over are needed to help with a variety of day-to-day operations in our shelter. Shelter Assistants also get to spend time with residents and can take crisis calls when needed. Training is provided and a minimum of 20 hours of train.
Child Care Provider for support group, Safe Babies Healthy Families, Waukesha
Provide a lap and a little fun for infants and preschoolers during our support group for pregnant young women or young parents. This group meets the third Thursday of every month from 4-6 at the Blair Center 434 Madison Street. A brief training and orientation will be required prior to providing volunteer services. A volunteer application and a background check will be completed prior to the training.
Special Events Coordinator, Hebron House Of Hospitality, Inc., Waukesha
Are you looking for an opportunity to really make an impact? Do you need non profit fundraising experience to get ahead in your career? Do you like to plan and organize events? Then this opportunity is for you! Work with the Director of Development to ensure smooth and successful special events while learning skills that will last a lifetime. Volunteers must have a valid driver's license and be over the age of 18. Fundraising experience is a plus!
For more information on United Way in Waukesha County, call (262) 547-8459 or visit www.UnitedWayWaukesha.org/volunteer or www.VolunteerWaukesha.com
# # #
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Johnson Bank Volunteers at Mequon Nature Preserve
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Three Brookfield Ameriprise Advisors Achieve Circle of Success Recognition
- Cousins Subs awards $5,000 scholarship to Claire Monzel of Menomonee Falls, Wis.
- Curative Care Network Awarded Renewed Three-Year CARF Accreditation
- Kohl’s Art Generation Family Sundays: Play on Words