It’s Not Too Late to Sign up for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s School & YouthSM Program
More children than ever are surviving leukemia but it’s still the leading cause of cancer death among children and young adults. The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s (LLS) School & YouthSM Programs – Pennies for Patients® – provide a meaningful way for children to take on a disease that impacts their peers.
Nationally, 27,482 schools – more than 15.8 million students from kindergarten to high school – participated in the programs during the 2011-12 school year, raising a record-breaking $28.7 million to help fund blood cancer research and patient services.
"It’s inspiring to see young people volunteer and really care about helping others," said Ann Marie Frakes, Executive Director of the Wisconsin Chapter of LLS. "It’s a program that is truly meaningful because kids learn that their efforts really make a difference."
School & Youth Programs include: Pennies for Patients®: Value-building program for elementary and secondary schools. Students collect funds, starting with their own spare change, used to support the research and patient services programs of LLS. The program typically takes place during a three week period during the 2012-2013 school year.
For more information on the School & Youth Programs, or to learn how to register your school, visit www.schoolandyouth.org/wi or contact LLS’s Wisconsin Chapter by phoning Casey Witkowski at 262-785-4224 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society: The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society® (LLS) is the world’s largest voluntary health agency dedicated to blood cancer. The LLS mission: cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. LLS funds lifesaving blood cancer research around the world and provides free information and support services.
Founded in 1949 and headquartered in White Plains, NY, LLS has chapters throughout the United States and Canada. To learn more, visit www.LLS.org or contact the Information Resource Center at (800) 955-4572, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET. www.lls.org.
The Wisconsin Chapter of LLS is located at 200 S Executive Drive, Suite 200, Brookfield, WI 53045. Ann Marie Frakes, Executive Director of the Wisconsin Chapter, can be reached at 262-785-4225 or email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wil-Kil Pest Control Advises Travelers to Take Precautions Against Bed Bugs this Spring Travel Season
- Sky Zone Launches Fitness Challenge
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- Holy Week Celebration Services at Trinity UCC
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- Two Comedy Shows benefit local military charities
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA Local professional group secures prominent Latina celebrity for upcoming fundraiser
- Try out field hockey with LIFT!
- SkySlam Madness Takes the Court
- Sole Sister's Vendor EXPO!