Locally owned Elite Sports Clubs announced today that it has officially changed the name of Le Club to Elite Sports Clubs River Glen and has hired Cherie Lininger, a leading expert in 5-star spa and fitness operations, as the general manager of that location.
Elite Sports Clubs recently acquired the property located at 2001 W. Good Hope Road, Milwaukee, at the end of September. River Glen features the most tennis courts of any of the clubs, with ten indoor and 3 outdoor courts, two indoor pools, one outdoor pool, and Elite’s signature fitness classes and social activities.
In her new role as River Glen general manager, Lininger will focus on integrating the club into the Elite Sports Club family by continuing to provide outstanding family friendly fitness and sports programs to current and new members as well as expanding existing tennis and aquatics programs.
Similar to Elite’s four other private clubs, River Glen offers activities for every age from infant to seniors.
“This name change reflects the community the club serves,” said Elite Sports Clubs Owner Kay Yuspeh. “River Glen truly enhances our presence in the North Shore and we are proud to have a manager of Cherie’s caliber to help take the club to the next level,” she added.
Lininger’s past experience includes a position as spa director for The Spa at Trump Towers International in Chicago where she managed the 25,000 square foot spa and fitness facility.
Previously, she spent five years as the spa and fitness director at Avani Spa at the Abbey Resort at Lake Geneva completing a multi-million dollar renovation that was an integral part of creating Avani Spa brand. In 2011, Lininger was named a Top 10 Spa Director of the Year by Spa Finder magazine.
“Elite’s reputation as one of the best tennis and fitness clubs in the nation attracted me to Milwaukee and I look forward to building on the club’s successes and adding even more value for members,” said Cherie Lininger.
Signage at Elite Sports Club River Glen is completed and former memberships are being honored for the duration of their contract.
About Elite Sports Clubs
Elite Sports Clubs offers basketball, racquetball, 44 tennis courts, extensive weight-training and cardiovascular areas, 13 indoor/outdoor pools, state-of-the-art equipment and free group classes with membership at each of its locations. The Elite Sports Club family includes: Brookfield, 13825 W. Burleigh Rd., Brookfield; West Brookfield, 600 N. Barker Rd, Brookfield; North Shore, 5750 N. Glen Park Rd., Glendale; and Mequon, 11616 N. Port Washington Road and Le Club, 2001 W. Good Hope Road, Glendale.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Johnson Bank Volunteers at Mequon Nature Preserve
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Three Brookfield Ameriprise Advisors Achieve Circle of Success Recognition
- Cousins Subs awards $5,000 scholarship to Claire Monzel of Menomonee Falls, Wis.
- Curative Care Network Awarded Renewed Three-Year CARF Accreditation
- Kohl’s Art Generation Family Sundays: Play on Words