The Templeton Middle School Junior Robotics team wrapped up its season Nov. 10 with a strong showing at regional competition in Watertown. Junior Robotics is an afterschool program that challenges students to work cooperatively to develop engineering solutions to problems that affect everyday lives.
The theme of this year’s competition was “Senior Solutions.” Students designed, built and programmed robots to complete challenges on a “Senior Solutions” themed board.
In addition to robotics, students researched and developed solutions to problems that people face as they grow older. The Templeton Blue Team developed a modified cutting board with a special fixture to help people who have osteoarthritis make uniform cuts with a kitchen knife. The Templeton White Team developed a unique application for a touchscreen device that would help people with Alzheimer’s disease remember to complete daily tasks.
Templeton applied engineering and technology teacher Shannon Flaherty is the Junior Robotics advisor.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- March Movies at the Menomonee Falls Library
- Gehl Foods, Inc. Awarded the 2014 Quality and Service Award from Dot Foods
- Habitat Restoration at Three Sites of the Urban Ecology Center in Milwaukee
- Local Eagle Scout Gives Report to the Governor
- Distinguished Young Women Program
- Local Resident Participates in THE NERD at Sunset Playhouse
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce partners with Waukesha County Technical College for Human Resources for the Small Business roundtable
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers March 11 Panel Discussion on “Expect The Unexpected…Completing A Home Improvement Project”
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County