Kathryn Maegli Davis, a former Germantown teacher,received Mount Mary College’s “Partner in Philanthropy” Award in conjunction with the Greater Milwaukee Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals’ annual National Philanthropy Day on November 13th. The “Partner in Philanthropy” honor recognizes the essential role philanthropists play in ensuring that educational and civic organizations continue to thrive.
Maegli Davis is a 1971 alumna of Mount Mary who has generously supported the College for many years. In 2007 she established the Kathryn Maegli Davis Endowed Scholarship at Mount Mary to be awarded to a returning student or single mother of junior or senior status. She also gives generously of her time serving as a member of the College’s Board of Trustees and the Alumnae Association’s Scholarship Review Committee.
In addition to her service to Mount Mary College, she is active in the community. She volunteers at the Ronald McDonald House and is a previous board member of the Friends of the Medical College of Wisconsin.
With an undergraduate degree in Home Economics and Sociology, Maegli Davis worked for fifteen years in the fashion industry including two years with a fashion magazine in Paris. She also taught fashion design and home economics classes at Germantown High School for fifteen years.
Born in Juda, Wisconsin, Maegli Davis resides in Menomonee Falls, WI with her husband, Dr. Starkey Davis.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- MinuteClinic Opens Its First Walk-in Medical Clinic in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Christmas Parade to be held November 30
- Christmas Event at Old Falls Village on December 7
- The C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook Gives Nearly $1,500 to Two Schools in Inaugural Donations
- Winter Used Book Sale at Library
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips For Last-Minute Home Winterization
- The Paper Bag Christmas
- Free Jumping at Sky Zone with Food Donation
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Menomonee Falls High School Students help North Middle School Students Manage their Finances