Kathryn Maegli Davis, a former Germantown teacher,received Mount Mary College’s “Partner in Philanthropy” Award in conjunction with the Greater Milwaukee Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals’ annual National Philanthropy Day on November 13th. The “Partner in Philanthropy” honor recognizes the essential role philanthropists play in ensuring that educational and civic organizations continue to thrive.
Maegli Davis is a 1971 alumna of Mount Mary who has generously supported the College for many years. In 2007 she established the Kathryn Maegli Davis Endowed Scholarship at Mount Mary to be awarded to a returning student or single mother of junior or senior status. She also gives generously of her time serving as a member of the College’s Board of Trustees and the Alumnae Association’s Scholarship Review Committee.
In addition to her service to Mount Mary College, she is active in the community. She volunteers at the Ronald McDonald House and is a previous board member of the Friends of the Medical College of Wisconsin.
With an undergraduate degree in Home Economics and Sociology, Maegli Davis worked for fifteen years in the fashion industry including two years with a fashion magazine in Paris. She also taught fashion design and home economics classes at Germantown High School for fifteen years.
Born in Juda, Wisconsin, Maegli Davis resides in Menomonee Falls, WI with her husband, Dr. Starkey Davis.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce partners with Waukesha County Technical College for Human Resources for the Small Business roundtable
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers March 11 Panel Discussion on “Expect The Unexpected…Completing A Home Improvement Project”
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- MS Summit is March 7
- "Blue Men and River Monsters"
- Artist and Display's Final Art Class
- Lynn's Wisconsin Garden Receives Over 1,000,000 Views
- Therapy Volunteer needed at the Lutheran Home
- LearningRx Tips for a Successful Parent-Teacher Conference