On the evening of Thursday, January 10, 2013 the High School String Orchestra will present its Annual Pops Concert. This year’s theme is “A Night at the Movies”.
The main attraction this year will be the performance of the musical score of a 20-minute Charlie Chaplin silent film, The Adventurer. As the film plays, the orchestra will perform the score originally played by a single pianist in the 1920s.
Besides The Adventurer and other film scores, the orchestra will perform encore versions of the last two Pops Concerts closers; the “Halo Theme” as performed by Video Games Live and “Led Carmina”, a mashup of Led Zepplin’s “Kashmir” and “Carmina Burana” by Carl Orff.
The concert begins at 7:30 in the Menomonee Falls High School Auditorium and a $2 admission fee will be charged. The orchestra is under the direction of Mr. Steven Johnson.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Poet Liz Rhodebeck at the Falls Library
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Trinity UCC to Host Silent Auction Fundraiser for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Richmond School & Hillel Academy visit JA Finance Park
- Planning the Patio Vegetable Garden
- Adults Skate Too
- Local Businesses Join Together to Support Youngest Victims of Domestic Violence
- Wil-Kil Pest Control Advises Travelers to Take Precautions Against Bed Bugs this Spring Travel Season
- Sky Zone Launches Fitness Challenge
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill