On the evening of Thursday, January 10, 2013 the High School String Orchestra will present its Annual Pops Concert. This year’s theme is “A Night at the Movies”.
The main attraction this year will be the performance of the musical score of a 20-minute Charlie Chaplin silent film, The Adventurer. As the film plays, the orchestra will perform the score originally played by a single pianist in the 1920s.
Besides The Adventurer and other film scores, the orchestra will perform encore versions of the last two Pops Concerts closers; the “Halo Theme” as performed by Video Games Live and “Led Carmina”, a mashup of Led Zepplin’s “Kashmir” and “Carmina Burana” by Carl Orff.
The concert begins at 7:30 in the Menomonee Falls High School Auditorium and a $2 admission fee will be charged. The orchestra is under the direction of Mr. Steven Johnson.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Friends of the Library Book Sale
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin Named to 100 Top Hospitals List
- Katie Wilson, Mequon Resident and Homestead Senior to represent the USA in the 2015 FIS Junior World Snowboard Championships in China
- March Movies at the Menomonee Falls Library
- Gehl Foods, Inc. Awarded the 2014 Quality and Service Award from Dot Foods
- Habitat Restoration at Three Sites of the Urban Ecology Center in Milwaukee
- Local Eagle Scout Gives Report to the Governor
- Distinguished Young Women Program
- Local Resident Participates in THE NERD at Sunset Playhouse