On the evening of Thursday, January 10, 2013 the High School String Orchestra will present its Annual Pops Concert. This year’s theme is “A Night at the Movies”.
The main attraction this year will be the performance of the musical score of a 20-minute Charlie Chaplin silent film, The Adventurer. As the film plays, the orchestra will perform the score originally played by a single pianist in the 1920s.
Besides The Adventurer and other film scores, the orchestra will perform encore versions of the last two Pops Concerts closers; the “Halo Theme” as performed by Video Games Live and “Led Carmina”, a mashup of Led Zepplin’s “Kashmir” and “Carmina Burana” by Carl Orff.
The concert begins at 7:30 in the Menomonee Falls High School Auditorium and a $2 admission fee will be charged. The orchestra is under the direction of Mr. Steven Johnson.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mount Mary University Offers Creative Connections Camp
- Community Blood Drive Hosted by Christ the King Church of Delafield
- Graphics Systems Offers On Demand 3D Printed Parts
- Waukesha BluesFest Announces 2014 Entertainment Line-up - Tickets on Sale Tues., April 15
- Christ the King Presents Good Friday Cantata; Easter Services Announced
- Finale Music Notation Software for Beginners
- Free Community Open House
- Newman Civic Fellows Award for 2014
- Free Computer Classes Set for Falls Library in May and June
- Falls Library Presents BIRDSCAPING IN THE MIDWEST