Shannon Finger of Waukesha has won first place in the 46th Annual Courthouse Purchase Award Art Contest. The first place winner receives a check for $350.00 as well as the honor of having her winning oil painting, “The Lake House” hanging in the Courthouse’s permanent collection. It is the third time Shannon, a WCAL member, has won this award.
The second place winner was Shirley Kroening of Waukesha for her watercolor “Marble Reflections”. Third place was won by Jan Anderson, also of Waukesha, for a poured pigment watercolor “Deeply Dark Depths”. Honorable Mentions were awarded to Joan Jenquin, June Kilgren, Barbara Rewa, Lori Robers and Bill Taylor.
The People’s Choice award winner was Jan Wood of Muskego. Second place was New Berlin artist Barbara Rewa.
WCAL artists learn from art demos, take part in critiques of their work, and have opportunities to exhibit their work locally as well as submit artwork into contests. WCAL meets monthly from September through May at the Goodwill Industries of Southeastern Wisconsin building in the Service Center meeting room, 1400 Nike Drive, Waukesha (corner of Nike Dr. and East Main Street). The meetings are held on the third Wednesday of the month from 6:30 to 9:00 pm. Come to a meeting and learn more about the Waukesha Creative Arts League. For more information, contact WCAL President Shirley Kroening at 262-650-1412 or Vice-President/Membership Chair Margaret Schumann at 262-385-5320.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce partners with Waukesha County Technical College for Human Resources for the Small Business roundtable
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers March 11 Panel Discussion on “Expect The Unexpected…Completing A Home Improvement Project”
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- MS Summit is March 7
- "Blue Men and River Monsters"
- Artist and Display's Final Art Class
- Lynn's Wisconsin Garden Receives Over 1,000,000 Views
- Therapy Volunteer needed at the Lutheran Home
- LearningRx Tips for a Successful Parent-Teacher Conference