Shannon Finger of Waukesha has won first place in the 46th Annual Courthouse Purchase Award Art Contest. The first place winner receives a check for $350.00 as well as the honor of having her winning oil painting, “The Lake House” hanging in the Courthouse’s permanent collection. It is the third time Shannon, a WCAL member, has won this award.
The second place winner was Shirley Kroening of Waukesha for her watercolor “Marble Reflections”. Third place was won by Jan Anderson, also of Waukesha, for a poured pigment watercolor “Deeply Dark Depths”. Honorable Mentions were awarded to Joan Jenquin, June Kilgren, Barbara Rewa, Lori Robers and Bill Taylor.
The People’s Choice award winner was Jan Wood of Muskego. Second place was New Berlin artist Barbara Rewa.
WCAL artists learn from art demos, take part in critiques of their work, and have opportunities to exhibit their work locally as well as submit artwork into contests. WCAL meets monthly from September through May at the Goodwill Industries of Southeastern Wisconsin building in the Service Center meeting room, 1400 Nike Drive, Waukesha (corner of Nike Dr. and East Main Street). The meetings are held on the third Wednesday of the month from 6:30 to 9:00 pm. Come to a meeting and learn more about the Waukesha Creative Arts League. For more information, contact WCAL President Shirley Kroening at 262-650-1412 or Vice-President/Membership Chair Margaret Schumann at 262-385-5320.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee Art Museum Hosts Kohl's Art Generation Family Sundays: Dia de los Muertos
- Optimist Club Fall Clean Up
- Barbara Donaldson, Waukesha Resident, Joins Brookfield Office of Ameriprise Financial
- Hamilton students recognized in NMSC competition
- Prohibition Movie and Program at the Falls Library
- 4-year-old kindergartners participate in Harvest Parade
- Christmas in the Grove Nov. 7-8
- Hamilton National Honor Society to sponsor blood drive
- Hamilton announces September students of the month
- Exhibit Systems Adds Veteran Trade Show Designer, Builder to Project Construction Team