Shannon Finger of Waukesha has won first place in the 46th Annual Courthouse Purchase Award Art Contest. The first place winner receives a check for $350.00 as well as the honor of having her winning oil painting, “The Lake House” hanging in the Courthouse’s permanent collection. It is the third time Shannon, a WCAL member, has won this award.
The second place winner was Shirley Kroening of Waukesha for her watercolor “Marble Reflections”. Third place was won by Jan Anderson, also of Waukesha, for a poured pigment watercolor “Deeply Dark Depths”. Honorable Mentions were awarded to Joan Jenquin, June Kilgren, Barbara Rewa, Lori Robers and Bill Taylor.
The People’s Choice award winner was Jan Wood of Muskego. Second place was New Berlin artist Barbara Rewa.
WCAL artists learn from art demos, take part in critiques of their work, and have opportunities to exhibit their work locally as well as submit artwork into contests. WCAL meets monthly from September through May at the Goodwill Industries of Southeastern Wisconsin building in the Service Center meeting room, 1400 Nike Drive, Waukesha (corner of Nike Dr. and East Main Street). The meetings are held on the third Wednesday of the month from 6:30 to 9:00 pm. Come to a meeting and learn more about the Waukesha Creative Arts League. For more information, contact WCAL President Shirley Kroening at 262-650-1412 or Vice-President/Membership Chair Margaret Schumann at 262-385-5320.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Calling All NaNoWriMo Participants!
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Waukesha-Ozaukee-Washington Workforce Development Board Offering Healthcare Training Grant Opportunities
- Local Businesses Collect, Deliver More than 4,000 Pounds of Food to New Berlin Food Pantry
- MinuteClinic Opens Its First Walk-in Medical Clinic in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Christmas Parade to be held November 30
- Christmas Event at Old Falls Village on December 7
- The C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook Gives Nearly $1,500 to Two Schools in Inaugural Donations
- Winter Used Book Sale at Library
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips For Last-Minute Home Winterization