Two Menomonee Falls residents – David Ritter and Michael Warren – are recipients of college scholarships from Northwestern Mutual, through its Foundation. Ritter, a Marquette University High School graduate and Warren, a Menomonee Falls High School graduate, are attending the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
The mutual company has awarded 56 scholarships to southeastern Wisconsin high school graduates, who are children of Northwestern Mutual employees and retirees. The scholarship winners were chosen based on a number of criteria, including class rank, GPA, SAT/ACT scores, extracurricular involvement and employment history.
“David and Michael have demonstrated consistently strong leadership in both the classroom and the community,” said John Kordsmeier, president, Northwestern Mutual Foundation. “The financial support from the company is not only an investment in each recipient’s future, but it’s also an investment in our future community leaders.”
Since 1994, Northwestern Mutual, through its Foundation, has invested in the community with upwards of $6.1 million in scholarships to 742 high school graduates, all family sons or daughters of Northwestern Mutual employees and retirees. Students must enroll for full-time study at an accredited college, university or vocational/technical school. They are eligible to renew the scholarship for the remainder of their college career.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Calling All NaNoWriMo Participants!
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Waukesha-Ozaukee-Washington Workforce Development Board Offering Healthcare Training Grant Opportunities
- Local Businesses Collect, Deliver More than 4,000 Pounds of Food to New Berlin Food Pantry
- MinuteClinic Opens Its First Walk-in Medical Clinic in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Christmas Parade to be held November 30
- Christmas Event at Old Falls Village on December 7
- The C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook Gives Nearly $1,500 to Two Schools in Inaugural Donations
- Winter Used Book Sale at Library