Two Menomonee Falls residents – David Ritter and Michael Warren – are recipients of college scholarships from Northwestern Mutual, through its Foundation. Ritter, a Marquette University High School graduate and Warren, a Menomonee Falls High School graduate, are attending the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
The mutual company has awarded 56 scholarships to southeastern Wisconsin high school graduates, who are children of Northwestern Mutual employees and retirees. The scholarship winners were chosen based on a number of criteria, including class rank, GPA, SAT/ACT scores, extracurricular involvement and employment history.
“David and Michael have demonstrated consistently strong leadership in both the classroom and the community,” said John Kordsmeier, president, Northwestern Mutual Foundation. “The financial support from the company is not only an investment in each recipient’s future, but it’s also an investment in our future community leaders.”
Since 1994, Northwestern Mutual, through its Foundation, has invested in the community with upwards of $6.1 million in scholarships to 742 high school graduates, all family sons or daughters of Northwestern Mutual employees and retirees. Students must enroll for full-time study at an accredited college, university or vocational/technical school. They are eligible to renew the scholarship for the remainder of their college career.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Nora Collins to headline at WAUMC Community Coffee House benefiting Habitat for Humanity
- Friends of the Library Book Sale
- St. Mary Parish School Students to Welcome Veterans from Stars and Stripe Honor Flight
- North Shore Bank Hosts Free Community Shredding Day on May 2
- 7th Annual Wild Ones Native Plant Sale
- Better Public Speaking Open House
- Falls Library Presents an Emerald Ash Borer Talk
- Grace Lutheran Fish Fry Fundraiser
- Helping Veterans Come Home to Their Hearts
- Community Volunteer Opportunities