The 2014 Distinguished Young Women of Menomonee Falls Scholarship Program will be held Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 7:00 p.m. in the Menomonee Falls High
School Auditorium. Thirteen participants will be competing for the title and the opportunity to compete in Wisconsin’s
Distinguished Young Women program on August 3, 2013. Music will be provided by the Menomonee Falls High School Jazz Band. Tickets are available at the door for $5.
The Menomonee Falls program is sponsored by The Optimist Club of Menomonee Falls which will award over $3500 in scholarships and cash to the winners.
Participating this year are Amy Butler, Katie Eisenhauer, Maddy Heim, Tina Kolinski, Kayla Konitzer, Sam Madrzak, Bryce Mattson, Lauren Meyers, Morgan Nienow, Kerianne Pawley, Morgan Scrobel, Jessica Szuminski and Ali Woodall. All of the contestants are juniors at Menomonee Falls High School.
Eilish Zembilci, the 2013 Distinguished Young Woman of Menomonee Falls, will take a look back at her year and award the title to her successor.
Contestants at all levels of Distinguished Young Women are judged on scholastics, interview, talent, self-expression and physical fitness. The winner of the state program will advance to the national competition which will be held June, 2014 in Mobile, Alabama.
For more information on Distinguished Young Women of Menomonee Falls Scholarship
Program contact Cathy Sharkey at 262-844-1538 or www.ajm.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Safe Sitter Babysitting Classes Offered at Wheaton Franciscan - Elmbrook Memorial
- FREE Elmbrook Memorial "Walk With A Wheaton Doc" - Saturday, June 22, 2013
- Attorney Robert L. Habush Honored with Lifetime Achievement Award
- Free music event at Luther Manor
- Butler's Picnic in the Park to Feature Vintage Baseball, Oscar Mayer Wienermobile
- Student’s award brings resources to high school
- Booster and Car Seat Safety Check
- Hamilton cheerleaders sponsor clinic
- Maple Avenue fifth-graders donate to Tricia’s Troops
- Templeton students earn State Honors